Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 3rd to October 31st 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
0 Votes
67 REPLIES 67

I will weigh in and post my final weight tomorrow.

Also, I will start up the new challenge and post it tonight.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm here. I'm fat and I'm sick and I'm icky. **drops to the floor with a grand flourish and moan**

Ok, so after my stint in the hospital for brain testing, I'd put on 10-15 pounds. Since then, I haven't been doing great with food and my activity has plummeted. I haven't been on the scale. I'm terrified. As of today, I'm taking the dogs for a good walk in the natural park. I had pneumonia last week and it will be the first time I can get out into fresh air. I won't overdo it, I promise. I have worn my fitbit every single day, regardless of my set backs, because I know I will need that baseline and the data when I look back and see what's happened. I'll see the improvement and it will encourage me. I'm not done. I can't go back to what I was before. 

Please, start the new challenge and I'll dedicate myself to posting each day. It always helps.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry for your setbakcs @_Lilac_ Today is a new day, and tomorrow is a new month.  Hopefully you can restart today and focus on having a good day today.

My final results for the September 3rd to October 31st 2018 challenge

230.0 - USW - Ultimate start weight (Sep 19, 2018)

219.6 - CSW - challenge starting weight (Sept 25, 2018 - started posting date)

213.6 - Prior Weigh-in (Oct 25, 2018) 

212.5 - CW - Current weight (Oct 31, 2018)  -17.6 lbs since Sep 19 - Yeah!

210.0 - GW - goal weight for the challenge (Oct 31, 2018)

170.0 - UGW- ultimate goal weight (The plan is Sept 2019); 43.6 lbs to go

Very happy with results!   I continue faithfully to track my food and continue to increase my walks/steps/floors/aquafit.

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_  What a drama queen! LOL!!!!

So sorry you were sick but really glad you are better and that it was nothing more keeping you from posting.

Pick yourself up off the floor, brush yourself off, and do what you can (do not over-do!) - you are capable of great things.

No judgement from any of the rest of us because we are all right there with you (maybe not dramatically on the floor but definitely shrinking from the scale), even when we are doing well, we all have the 'fat' mentality/memories.

This goes for everyone out there - You are strong! You are capable! You are unique! You are not alone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We did a long walk in the park today with the dogs. I was out of breath from the exercise and illness, but it was a good thing. I'm at 7000 steps, which is a lot more than I've had in a while. I am encouraged that I am feeling good and not more sick. 

Bring on the next challenge! 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Final weigh in:

CSW (9/3/18) - 205.6

LW - 203.2

CW - 203.2

GW - 200.0 (10/31/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Didn't make my goal weight but am lower than I started so it's a win!

The next challenge will be "November 1st to December 31st 2018"

Ready, set.....GO!

Best Answer

Final weigh in for this challenge. Sorry but I had to convert my dates to my way around....I was getting confused. I missed weighing in last week as I've been away for work and when I weighed I was really happy. I didn't hit my goal for this challenge either but still lost 2.5kg (5.6lb) so I am a happy camper.

I'm keen for the next challenge as well!

SW 09/11/18 - 90.2kg (199lb)

LW 09/25/18 - 88.7kg (195.6lb)

CW 02/11/18 - 87.7kg (193.4lb)

GW 31/10/18 - 86kg (189.6lb)

UGW 31/08/19 - 70kg (155lb)

Best Answer

@Shellaree - Very well done!

Best Answer