Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 3rd to October 31st 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
0 Votes
67 REPLIES 67

Hi!  Maybe if I join this  challenge I can get off this plateau.  I'm blaming the last backslide on Mexican bread and a tempting  pumpkin shaped cookie. 

USW: 192.3 (April 13)

SW:  190

LW: 185.4

MWG: 180

UWG: 140s

Charge HR, Charge 3, Charge 4
Best Answer

@stevens4ever wrote:

Hey everyone, I lost a lb since last week. I been having difficulties on munchies. 

My Ultimate start weight:311

My starting weight for the challenge:293.2

September 20, 2018- 291.8

My mini weight goal: 288

My ultimate weight Goal 265

Best Answer

@stevens4everI get 1.4 lbs you lost, so before you drink a glass of water and lose the .4 victory , count it in your total and celebrate it. It is real close to .5 !!!  LOL. Nice work.

Best Answer

Back again, trying to lose 10 lbs that creeped up on me!! It is amazing how easy it is to get back to the bad eating habits and gain weight back.  My problem is snacking.

Best Answer

CSW (9/3/18) - 205.6

LW - 204.0

CW - 204.6

GW - 200.0 (10/31/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Up a tad but it seems that is the way my weight is going lately - down, up a bit, down further, up a bit, etc.

I can live with that.

Best Answer

Went home for the weekend which included a dinner party and a wedding! I also had a hangover - and I am way too old for hangovers. Also they make me eat junk food. But despite all of that, I lost 200gm which is 0.44 of a pound Smiley LOL I'm still claiming this loss. In the kilogram market....it's made me dip below 90kg so I'm pretty happy:

SW 09/11/18 - 90.2kg (199)

CW 18/9/18 - 89.9kg (198.64 - gotta record every little loss!)

GW 10/31/18 - 86kg (198.19)

UGW 08/31/19 - 70kg (155)

Best Answer

How do I join a group which will help to motivate me.  I just need to lose 3kgs - by the end of Oct. Have hit a plateau.

Thanks

Lana

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shellaree - a loss is a loss in my book! Congratulations on dipping below a milestone!

@lanakuczyn - You just did join the group by posting. Welcome! Ask questions, tell stories, share your journey - we are all here for eachother.

Have a glorious day! Do your best to be your best today!

Best Answer

Thank you Cele21.

My current weight in kilograms is 43 - need to get back to approx 39 - 40.  I usually weigh approximately 39 kg (6 stone), but gained in the last couple of years.  Went up to 44 and hopefully am on the way down again - but hit a plateau and the weight won't move.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, hope you don't mind if I join your group.  I'm always looking for accountability.   Okay if I post in pounds?  I can try to do the kilogram conversion but will have to do some research.   :).   

USW.  218

CW:  203

UGW:  165

I got 30 off last year and then put some on again.  I'm back on track--I hope--but the scale just doesn't want to move.   I love sugar but I've been working on getting it out of my diet.  And, I love carbs.   My blood work this year showed my cholesterol way up but also a slow thyroid.  Started meds and got my thyroid and cholesterol back in check....now the weight.    Appreciate any support.....

Best Answer

And progress has been seen!

USW: 192.3 (April

SW:  190

LW:  190

Current Weight:  188.8

Best Answer

After several years in hiatus and gaining almost 60 pounds, last week I restarted using my fitbit Charge HR and logging my food.  I've already lost 10 pounds.  So I am currently quite motivated.  I know this large drop in the first week, is a one-time thing, but I'm looking forward to losing 1 to 1.5 pounds per week going forward.

230.0 - USW - Ultimate start weight (Sep 19, 2018)

219.6 - SW - starting weight for the challenge (Sept 25, 2018)

210.0 - GW - goal weight for the challenge

170.0 - UGW- ultimate goal weight

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

Hi

I find the best way to lose weight and keep fit is by walking (power walking) - I try to walk approximately 10 kms a day (not sure what it is in miles).  If I don't have the time for that I make sure that I do 15,000 steps, whether at home, on the treadmill or outside.  I live on the 11th floor, so I walk downstairs (185 steps) every time and once a week I walk upstairs.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
15,000? Wow. My max is somewhere in the 12000s and that was on a day of running errands. I'm not counting the.larger number from time in airports and two amusement parks this summer. And I remember when climbing six flights of stairs used to exhaust me. I'm not sure I could manage 11, so I'm impressed.
Best Answer

Hi Spurz.  My doctor was going to put me on cholesterol drugs back in 2006, but instead I became a vegan and my cholesterol dropped by 30%.  And it remains at a healthy level still today (I've remained a vegetarian - no longer pure vegan).  I'm so very happy it worked for me - it also worked for my husband.  I also lost a lot of weight back then.  But I still have more weight to lose.  Using my fit bit and tracking my food works for me - but   I need to stick to it.  So I just restarted last week.  10 pounds off so far. 

Best Answer

Hello to all the new people! So excited to see the conversations and support.

@spurz - having people on the site from around the world can make the numbers a little confusing but post in what you are comfortable with, I use pounds too. You can still tell a loss whether it is in pounds, kilos or stones 😄

Now let's get a little chatter going from the old timers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Track me if you can.PNG

Down a little today - tracking is working for me again!  So happy I restarted tracking and using my fitbit, after 3 years not.

219.6 - SW - starting weight for the challenge (Sept 25, 2018)

218.9 - CW - Current weight (Sept 28)

210.0 - GW - goal weight for the challenge

170.0 - UGW- ultimate goal weight (The plan is Sept 2019)

Joy.jpg

Best Answer

CSW (9/3/18) - 205.6

LW - 204.6

CW - 207.0

GW - 200.0 (10/31/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Bad choices all around - fast food, soda, sodium, with less movement as my knee is being a (literal) pain again. Going to clean up my act this week and see what happens.

Best Answer

219.6 - CSW - challenge starting weight (Sept 25, 2018)

217.6 - CW - Current weight (Oct 03, 2018)

210.0 - GW - goal weight for the challenge (Oct 31, 2018)

170.0 - UGW- ultimate goal weight (The plan is Sept 2019)

My food plan is turning out to be a great help.  I use it as a guide, and sometimes substitute for different fruit and sometimes different mains, to suit my preferences and what is available.  The Tikka Masala recipe was absolutely delicious and easy to make!

The link to the plan I use is at...

http://www.eatingwell.com/article/289024/7-day-vegetarian-meal-plan-1500-calories/

Best Answer

Up again. Not really surprising,  between the strawberry cake, oatmeal cookies, and pork sandwich. And the fries. Plus I hurt my leg a couple of weeks ago, so it's been hard to keep up  my steps or any exercise that  involves a lot of leg movement. At least it was only a little bit, and the annual October Sweets Ban begins  today. 

SW: 192.3 (April

SW:  188.8

LW:  188.

Current Weight:  189.6

Best Answer