Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 7th to October 31st 2020 Challenge

Hello and welcome to the 6th challenge of 2020!

We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Any one is welcome to join at any time, just hit reply on the most recent post and let us know a bit about yourself.

Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, etc. please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

If you want to respond to or 'tag' a particular person with your response, type in @ and you will get a drop down box of recent users to choose from, this will alert them that someone has responded to something they posted and we will all see who you are talking to or about. For example: @_Lilac_  hope to see you here!

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

@Maggie  - I found the 30 day plans are working great for me. This is the second one I am doing and yes, it is vegetable heavy which I admit is not my favorite part. The other down side is the type of food I have to buy to make one meal and then the rest sits because you don't need it again. On the plus side, it is teaching me a lot about portion control. My favorite cook book has everything in 6 servings. There are only three of us at home so the extra is always there. These plans are based on four servings so it is much easier to stay in line. By the end of week two or so, I have been substituting one meal for another or going off plan and eating fast food with hubby but even so I have paired down what I get and things I used to eat regularly (bad choices) no longer sit well with me. Cutting out the soda is another big item. I splurged between my two 30 day stints when we went out of town but am back to no soda.

@_Lilac_  - 17 lbs. YAY YOU! Glad to see you're back!

Current starting weight - 196.6 (9/7/20)

LW - 197.0

CW - 192.6

GW - 190.0 (10/31/20)

Stretch goal weight - 185.0

Mini goal - 195.0 - Hit 9/16/20

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

LW - 192.6

CW - 190.8

GW - 190.0 (10/31/20)

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

Hi.  I will attempt to join and post for your October challenge- 2020!

Mine will probably be more NSV, instead of scale v. 

I am from the mid west.  Grew up in NW/Iowa, SW minnesota.  Moved to SE South Dakota (yeah all 3 states are within 20mins of each other, so I am from that tri-state area of the world).   ONEyear ago...I moved to Tennessee. Memphis to be exact.  covid hit and I have like more online friends than people I see in real life.   I guess that's part of today's world. 

I have been working (PC helpdesk) work form home since March.   My hubby is also working from home.  and I have a puppy.  That's all I see every single day.  I am almost 50.   Weigh 103.0 this morning and am 5-0" tall.   I'm rounding my online measurements to 5.1" for mental reasons I guess. 

USW - Started back in 2000  at 170#   (just a wee more)

SW - 103

CW - 103

LW - 102

GW - 101-104

MGW - Not going lower than 101. Not going higher than 105.

--  In my mind, I would love to be 99 or 98 lbs.  but, I know that would be hard on my health. 

It also probably wouldn't look good.  It would be awful thin.   I saw some pix recently of a lady that lost her last 10# and was at a weight that she thought was 'amazeballs'.  It was really too thin.  And for one of the FIRST times in my life, I realized how weighing LESS doesn't make you look better.   She actually looked better, probably got to eat a few joy foods and was happier 10# heavier.  It wasn't until I saw that pix that I realized. I don't need to chase 101,  If I can just stay below 110# (if I'm honest) .... I am at a healthier weight than more than 90% of the world.

So I've been workng out regularly since 2000.....had a big weight lifting movement / change occur in 2009 with P90X  and...that started my entire world of 'live to be healthy'.   

I just want friends to talk to and share my mental bull**ahem** with.  Just because i'm at a good weight, that doesn't mean that the fat girl went away.  She still exists....

Oh, I'm married....27 years I guess....and that would make dating 29years.   I have a 21 and a 23 year old . neither live at my current residence. one is in SD the other in ohio.  So no kids to distract me. 

TTYL.  I'm rambling...you're likely to kick me off this thread. 

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

If you want to respond to or 'tag' a particular person with your response, type in @ and you will get a drop down box of recent users to choose from, this will alert them that someone has responded to something they posted and we will all see who you are talking to or about. For example: @_Lilac_  hope to see you here!

Best Answer

Oh, I wish I would have found this back in September.    I just started focusing on my "journey" last week.   I will definitely join Challenge 7

Kerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - Ultimate start weight:  52kg

SW - starting weight for this challenge:  52kg

CW - current weight:  53.7kg

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in:  53.2kg

LW - last weight/weigh-in:  53.2kg

GW - goal weight for the challenge:  54kg

MGW - mini goal weight:  53kg - achieved 21/9, New MGW - 53.5kg - achieved 19/10, New MGW - 54kg

UGW- ultimate goal weight:  58kg

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer

@SherryRueter - Welcome and how fabulous that you were able to lose all that weight! Maintenance is so hard! We are happy to be here for you and look forward to your Non-scale victories to come.

@KerryFlynn - No need to wait, just jump in for the last two weeks to get in the groove for the next challenge. Think of it as a warm up LOL!

@AmandaGeorge  - You got this! Keep focus and keep going!

As for me, my losing trend is starting to slow down a bit but I did have a few hiccups last week (a bit of candy and soda as well as meals 'off plan').

But I did hit my October 31st goal early, let's see if I can make it to my stretch goal in two weeks.

I have to let all you new folks know, I joined Fitbit in February 2014 and have not been this low since waaaay before that. Two months ago a lot of things 'clicked' for me and everything just fell into place. It's hard, I don't always like it and I miss some foods more than seems normal.

I know I need to up my water in-take and start moving more to keep going in the right direction.

LW - 190.8

CW - 190.0

GW - 190.0 (10/31/20) - Hit 10/17/2020

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

@SherryRueter  Wow!  Good job losing so much.  Glad you included your height in the statistics.  It drives me crazy to never know how tall people are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Friday Oct. 23 a weigh-in day for me:  I managed to weigh 118 today but no credit at all to me.  I've just been in too much pain to bother with eating as usual,  have just been having a protein drink, and no exercise at all.  Works great.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

USW - Ultimate start weight:  52kg

SW - starting weight for this challenge:  52kg

CW - current weight:  54.35kg

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in:  53.7kg

LW - last weight/weigh-in:  53.7kg

GW - goal weight for the challenge:  54kg - achieved 26/10

MGW - mini goal weight:  53kg - achieved 21/9

New MGW - 53.5kg - achieved 19/10

New MGW - 54kg - achieved 26/10

New MGW - 54.5kg

UGW- ultimate goal weight:  58kg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Six days left to this challenge! Time for that last push - we can do this!

LW - 190.0

CW - 190.4

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

Bounced up a bit but should be good the rest of the week. 

@AmandaGeorge - good job! 

Best Answer

@AmandaGeorge I may have asked before, but are you 5'5" tall?  that would be right for  58kg or 127 pounds. Just going by the old thing of 100 pounds for 5 feet and 5 more for each inch over.  (Unless the woman is very muscular or something.)  I'm only 5'1.5 and today I'm happy to weigh 113.pounds.  I don't even need to worry about bouncing back up when I get well since the depressing report on the search engine says shingles lasts forever sometimes.    (Just kidding)  I weighed 108 for decades which did seem perfect for me,  except you can't donate blood unless you weigh 110 and it really matters.   Below 110 you don't have enough blood to give a whole pint.  It is too big of a % of what you have, especially in cold weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Glenda.  I'm going by what the nurse at my doctors' surgery wants me to be and she said that I needed to get up to 58kg during the colder months and she wants me at 57-58kg so I'm aiming for the top end of her advice.  I'm 152cm so 58kg is the top end of where she wants to see my weight.  It took 17 years to lose the weight I put on while I was in hospital (ICU then HDU then Neurology) for those 3 months so I'm gonna go by what a medical bod says and follow their advice  😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmandaGeorge It is surprising to me that what you weigh makes a difference sometimes in different weather.   But we have too little cool weather here.!!!  I gave blood when It was very cool in Louisiana and I didn't weigh quite enough.   I was cold.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Glenda - the British weather goes from one extreme to the other lol  The nurse said that it was a good idea to have some padding in the colder months so that I didn't get iller than I already am but apparently I was spot on at 54kg in Summer lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm Jen. I'm new here and this is my first challenge. Late to the game but as you said earlier, jump in anytime. I've mostly been focusing on my diet with the Noom program for the past 3 months. Between December 2019 - July 2020 I just kept progressively deteriorating after surgical complications almost killed me. The joint pain and fatigue of surgical menopause, coupled with my weight, have left me desperate for relief. I used to be a water aerobics instructor and now I just limp around like I'm 91 instead of 41. I've been sad and broken for too long. It's time to repair this body. 

USW - Ultimate start weight 205.2 lbs.

SW - starting weight for this challenge 192.6 lbs.

CW - current weight  192.6 lbs.

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in N/A

LW - last weight/weigh-in N/A

GW - goal weight for the challenge 190 lbs.

MGW - mini goal weight ?

UGW- ultimate goal weight 150 lbs

My height is 5' 3"

Best Answer

Welcome to FitBit and the forum, @TNJEN!  I hope you're able to achieve your weight goal when the time is right for you... take it slowly and aim to turn the FitBit graph either green or blue every day!  Move a touch more, even if, like me, it's around your house instead of outside.

Best Answer

@TNJEN  - Jen, how do you like Noom? It is something I have thought about looking into but went a different route first (not sure I can afford it at this time). You're the first person I know who is using it LOL!

Best Answer

DO NOT DO NOOM.  Google the reviews.  A total waste of money on a bad company.

And since I'm posting something and this is Sept. to Oct 31 challenge.  I will post my weight today is 113.   Last Friday I was 118.  September 7  it  was 120.  I don't deserve any credit for this happy state.  I'm still in great pain from Shingles.  None of the pain pills are helping.  I've just been having a protein drink and a piece of toast or something.  Not interested in any eating.  So good for the diet though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Glenda  - Sorry about your shingles, I know they are painful. I have to politely ask you though to not judge other people's choices. @TNJEN stated that she has been using the Noom program for three months. If she likes it and it is working that is wonderful. I asked for more feedback from the first person I know who is an actual Noom user. If you don't agree with her choice, please indicate that in a more constructive manner. 

Now on to me. I had hit my goal a couple weeks ago but have ended above my goal.

LW - 190.4

CW - 191.4

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

I will be setting up the next challenge later today. It will be shorter and will only run about 4 weeks, watch for October 31st to November 26th 2020 Challenge. It will take us to U.S. Thanksgiving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy Halloween and Happy end of the Challenge!

Final check in

USW: 286

UGW: 120 (mid-range normal BMI) 

SW: 254.4 (9/9/20)

GW: 246

stretch goal: 240

CW 241.4 

Sooo close to my stretch goal that I'm almost more sad about than than making my original goal!  This last week was a net sum zero, so add a little salt to the wound.  But I'm going to celebrate meeting the main goal instead!  

Things that have been working - eating more veggies and keeping track of my calories

Things I need to continue working on - staying vigilant (Not giving in to snack cravings too often!  There was chocolate cake in the house and I had more than I aught to have had.  It was less than what I would have allowed myself to have months ago, but none the less, more than I should have!)  

Best Answer
0 Votes