Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i eat back the FitBit calories i've burned?

I've got a target of 2,500 calories. But when i workout/swim for an hour it tells me to overeact by nearly 1,000 calories? I have the fitbit Inspire HR, is that too much or not? 

I'm a male, 247lbs, 6ft'3 Any suggestions is helpful?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The consensus here seems to be it’s better not to eat them back, especially if you’ve just started your weight loss journey and you’re not sure how accurate Fitbit’s estimate of your calories burned is. After a few weeks/months of logging and weighing yourself, you will have a better idea.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

When losing weight I think works better to figure out a reasonable calorie deficit that doesn't make you hungry all the time based on your current activity level, and then just stick with that as your eating plan.

Add exercise because it is good for you, because it makes you feel good, because it (maybe) makes you look good, and most importantly because it keeps you mobile and self-sufficient throughout your life.  Don't do it for the calories.  That way, when you need the rest, are nursing an injury, don't have time, etc, you don't need to adjust how much you eat to account for missed exercise.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer