Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring break weight loss challenge

HHi all 

I work for a school district and we get a week off work for spring break. I am actually going on a Caribbean cruise for an entire week!

Super excited except for the fact that my body is NOT ready for a Swim suit of any kind!! With all the Christmas and New Years parties my bod is bloated. I feel large and in charge lol . I wanted to start a spring break challenge with any of you who maybe have an upcoming spring break vacation coming up or just want to get in shape with me! Let's make this a place we can post progress pics, weekly weigh ins and help keep each other stay motivated! 

My my goal is to lose 10 pounds by March 10th. My other goal is to tone up and loose belly fat.

Date: 1/4

CW: 128.4

GW: 118.0

Plan: Count calories with my fitness pal, workout 4-5 days a week consistently.

When you really want something, you will do whatever it takes to get it. I have officially reached that point and I am ready to do whatever I need to do to achieve my goal! I know I have to stay away from alchohol and fried foods to get to where I want to be. I'm all in!! Let's do this!

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

Good luck on your goal! I know you can do it! 

I am getting married in May! I am trying to lose 10-15 lbs before then! I work at a desk job so it is very hard for me to get my steps in! I know my goal is do-able but I just need to get out and go for it! 

Date: 1/6

Height: 5'8

CW: 141

GW: 130

Plan: Count calories, eat healthy, and exersice every day! (No matter how much or little)

Best Answer

Congrats on the wedding, that is so exciting! I got married in 2015 🙂 It is such a fun time in life, enjoy every moment!

I think I lost maybe 5 pounds for my wedding and it felt so great!!

Youv'e totally got this & it will all pay off! You're going to look amazing!

Ugh so I work a desk job as well and on non workout days, I will ony get 2,000 steps for the ENTIRE day!! That should be illegal! So I really have to step up my game...I have been so inactive the past few months.

We both have doable goals, we just need to commit 100%! 

I am going to keep posting weekly or every other week and share my progress! Feel free to do the same!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I join group?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I

I am a teacher.  I want to look decent in shorts for baseball season.  That is my short-term goal.  However, my main focus is our annual South Padre Island trip in July.  We go every year and I'm tired of being fat.  I lost 15 pounds in the fall.  I started using the fitbit on January 1st.  I weighed 207 lbs then.  I weighed this morning and was at 204.8 pounds.  

Spring break goal is 180

July 16th is 150

We can do this!!

Best Answer

IM IN! I need something to keep me accountable. This will be perfect. 

Date: 08/01

CW: 165

GW: 150

I use MFP, but not as well as I could. So I plan to give it my 100%. I am pretty active as it is, its just that I like to snack. So somewhat-perfect food diary is my plan!

Im doing this because I deserve the best health, bod and mindset. And so do you. 🙂

Best Answer

I'm in!!

I am also getting married in May (May 20th) and would like to loose about 15 more pounds before then. I start back to school this coming week so I will definitely need to be held accountable! 

SW: 168

CW: 159

GW:145

Plan: Count calories, workout out 3-4days a week, cut back on eating out and alcohol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not really sure! This is my first time using this thread on the Fitbit site. You can just post your progress on here and we can all support each other during the challenge!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome!! Sounds like your already off to a great start. So glad to have you in our challenge group! I love south padre 🙂 I actually live in Texas so I go there often! That's a very realistic goal and I know you will be successful! Tomorrow is a new week! Let's start this week on a positive note and get a great workout in tmrw! Have a great week!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a huge snacker as well! I'm totally with you on trying to have a perfect food diary. I don't want to obsess but I definitely want to be as accurate as possible. I know for me, that is the only way to keep myself accountable. You're right, we deserve great bods and good health! I believe we can be successful in reaching our goals. Have a great week and keep positive!! It's about progress, not perfection! ❤️

Best Answer

Congrats to you as well ❤️ I'm definitely with you on needing to cut back on going out to eat and drinking alchohol. Those two things can always set me back so much. Let's try and cook more healthy meals at home!! I am limiting my alchohol consumption to once glass of wine once a week. We can do this!! Have a great week!i

Best Answer

I love this group already!! The positive feedback has helped my mood so much!

Where is everyone from?

Im from Canada, but live in Bangkok 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Tubtim! I agree! I was excited to wake up this morning and see replies already! 

I am from the U.S., I live in Kentucky.  

For those of you asking about joining the group, we could also start an activity group on here. I am in a couple and it shows the leader board which divides into 3 activities: distance, steps, and active minutes and then each member is ranked. It's motivating if anyone is interested I can set it up! Here is a link if you want to see an example. https://www.fitbit.com/group/2328XQ

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aeco233 Can you please set one up for us? That would be amazing! I am technology challenged on this website lol 🙂

I think it will be a great way to help keep ourselves motivated! Maybe we can still post on this thread then use that challenge site to view our steps in comparison to others. Also some people may just want to use this page to post. Everyone should just do what they think will work best for them!

@Tubtim I am from U.S. too. I live in Texas 🙂 I have always wanted to visit Canada. Canada makes me think of Drake and the Weeknd. Aren't they from Toronto?

I definetly want to go visit there one day! Have a lovely day!

I plan on weighing in this Friday or Saturday to update my stats! Hopefully I will loose at least a pound!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woe! So cool we are getting married on the same day! Congratulations! I think my biggest problem is that I give up if I cant do a FULL workout or run in a day and then do NOTHING. I need to start getting out and doing something even if it's for only 30 minutes! I know it will all pay off in the long haul. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So cool! I have traveled a lot, but have never been to Bangkok. I am from Florida! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm excited to join this group and drop some belly fat! What is the method for joining? Let's GO!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmu022 Ok! We now have an activity group! Here is the link: https://www.fitbit.com/group/235578

I can also invite people by email if for some reason the link doesn't work. Once you are there you should be able to see steps, discussions, and members! On the bottom right of the steps section you can click "view leader board" and see where you stand in all the catagories! I am a competitive person so I enjoy the leader board, however I think keeping this thread active is a great idea as some people may not want to join the activity group and we can still have conversations and give tips, support, etc. here. I am excited!! 

@Kelbug That is crazy that it is the same day! I have been a little nervous because I tend to gain a little weight during the semester at college and our wedding will be directly after it! I also have the same mindset as you about wanting to do a FULL workout. If I can't  get to the gym I am so annoyed and wind up not doing anything but I have found that I can burn a little over 100 cals in just 10 mins if I follow along the insanity warm-up....and that is better than nothing...and I always have 10 mins! 

Best Answer

Hi @mojobrien. We have started an activity group here: https://www.fitbit.com/group/235578 if you are interested! Otherwise we are just chatting and motivating each other on this thread! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to post here too. I also joined the step group I found in a previous post. 

CW 177.7
GW 168 (spring break)

Have a good day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes