Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring break weight loss challenge

HHi all 

I work for a school district and we get a week off work for spring break. I am actually going on a Caribbean cruise for an entire week!

Super excited except for the fact that my body is NOT ready for a Swim suit of any kind!! With all the Christmas and New Years parties my bod is bloated. I feel large and in charge lol . I wanted to start a spring break challenge with any of you who maybe have an upcoming spring break vacation coming up or just want to get in shape with me! Let's make this a place we can post progress pics, weekly weigh ins and help keep each other stay motivated! 

My my goal is to lose 10 pounds by March 10th. My other goal is to tone up and loose belly fat.

Date: 1/4

CW: 128.4

GW: 118.0

Plan: Count calories with my fitness pal, workout 4-5 days a week consistently.

When you really want something, you will do whatever it takes to get it. I have officially reached that point and I am ready to do whatever I need to do to achieve my goal! I know I have to stay away from alchohol and fried foods to get to where I want to be. I'm all in!! Let's do this!

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

@aeco233 I have never tried the insanity workout! But I've heard great things about it! I'm joining a spin class at my local gym that will be 2 days a week after work! - Works out great for my schedule... YAY! I'm looking forward to it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IdahoSandy I know you can reach your goal by Spring Break! Do you have any special plans? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning Kelbug.  

I am new to the community page.  I got my fitbit in May 2016 after an anxiety attack and a high blood pressure scare.  Here are my stats that I used for another challenge:

USW 208 lbs (5/22/16)

W on first day of school 197 (8/30/16)

Lowest W 177.6 (12/16/16)

CSW 177.7 (1/8/17)

UGW 158 (5/22/17)

I don't have any special plans for spring break.  I just wanted to be held accountable and posting my weekly weigh ins seem to keep me motivated.  Plus, I love reading all your inspirational stories and spring break plans that you guys have!  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I know I already "weighed in" this week when I posted my stats but I went to the gym yesterday and found that I have gained 3lbs (159-->162) I know that as a woman/human weight will fluctuate but it was disappointing to leave that 150's no matter how high they were... 😞 Also, my nutrition is terrible. I stay hungry ALL THE TIME even after eating protein and tracking my macros...any tips for combating hunger?

@IdahoSandy Welcome to the group! I am excited for you to reach your goals! We got this!! 

@Kelbug I have never tried cycling but want to! I have heard it is great cardio, let me know how it goes! I am hoping to be able to catch a cycling class in between classes this year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! A little late to the game but I would also like to join along with this 🙂 My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs by spring break.

Date: 1/10

CW: 157

GW: 140-145

Plan: Zumba toning 2x/week, gym 3x/week, and in addition I am doing some workouts throughout the week on the BBG app. 

My ultimate weightloss goal is 135, and then 120's if I can! I was 145 last summer, got married in November and was up to 155! Then during the holidays I hit 160... wasn't fun for me at all because I wanted to LOSE weight before my wedding, not gain! It was still the most perfect day, but I certainly want to keep up with my health into marriage and be as fit as I can! 🙂 We will be going on a cruise for my birthday in September and I would like to be down to my ultimate goal weight by then! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me on the Fitbit app! 

Best Answer

@aeco233 Girl! I am right there with you when I hit 160 - I originally told myself I would never let myself get into the 150's, and it seems like overnight I just gained all of this weight. I've been at a desk job for about a year now, and I know that has so much to do with it. In the mornings, I drink a smoothie that consists of 1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened, any flavor - I do the almond/coconut mixture), a mixture of frozen blueberries & raspberries OR pineapple & mangos (about a cup total), a handful of spinach, and 1 banana. This will typically last me all morning and keep me full. I'm still trying to figure out what to eat throughout the day, but am trying to elimintae all processed junk & gluten from my diet.

Check out the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook! They have tons of recipes all low carb, little to no sugar, and I believe it is all gluten free. My mother-in-law has had it for awhile and loses about 2 lbs a week when she sticks to it. I have found that I stay fuller longer and over feel so much better when I eat food that I make myself. And during my engagement I really spent more time cooking so I could be prepared for marriage! 😛 Since being married, we only eat out 1-2x per week (weekends, mainly) and take our lunches to work. So it has been fun learning to cook and also cooking HEALTHY meals.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope some of this information is of some value to you! I just love talking about this stuff - haha!

Best Answer

@taylorr YESSS!! I remember telling myself I would never get into the 150s and then BAM almost 169 but in the last couple of years I have been under a lot of stress losing my father, applying to dental school, etc and fast food has been my kryptonite because it's carby and easy! I will definitely have to check out that cookbook. I have am definitely an amateur cook, so like you said it will be fun and good practice ;).

You look great in your wedding photo! Excited to have you in the group. We got this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aeco233 I absolutely know how you feel! I swear I eat so healthy, drink only water and coffee (to keep me going) and my weight fluctuates the same way! The girls I work with can eat donuts, cookies, pizza... you name it and still weigh 90lbs! I LOOK at those things and put on weight! 

THE GOOD NEWS: It is hard... So when I do finally start to see improvements, I am beyond proud of myself! I know how hard I fight and hustle every day for a healthy body! Nobody understands this! 

I have been trying to drink a TON of water. Which I found controls my snacking. I have really tried to cut out snacking completely... WHICH IS SO DIFFICULT WHEN YOUR ON THE RUN! 

I love a protein shake... I am highly allergic to dairy. So I can't have whey protein. And it's really hard for me to find one without any dairy. 😞 I have found a vegan plant based protein with kale, spinach, broccoli, and alfalfa and so much more! It has digestive enzymes like papaya and I don't even know what else! It's called Vega Protein & Greens. It definitely doesnt taste like a cupcake.. BUT out of all of the vegan plant based shakes this is by far the best tasting and smoothest! I have been replacing one meal a day with a shake and have lost 2lbs combined with exercise within' the past two weeks! I can already tell my pants are loose. (Which is a good sign!)

My friend also just convinced me to order Hemp protein. Came in the mail this week - Not exactly sure what it is and haven't tried it just yet... But he's extremely healthy and active so I buy a lot that he suggests. lol I'll have to wait to let you guys know how it tastes when I try it! 

Best Answer

@IdahoSandy

I hate to hear that! I'm so glad you are monitoring it now.

I experienced bad anxiety after starting a new job that was sedentary all day. I have found that exercise controls it quite well. Did you get a charge 2 hr? I really love mine! 

I don't really have many spring break plans! I think we are actually going to try going camping near home!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!!  

I also work for a school board and get spring break off! Woohoo!!  And we are going on vacation in March (not over spring break) and I am also no bathing suit ready...  

My my goal is to lose 20 pounds by March 20th. My other goal is to tone up and loose belly fat.

Date: 1/10

CW: 180.8

GW: 160

Plan: Nutritional Cleansing (Has already helped me lose 60lbs and more than inches than I am tall) I started a new workout plan this week called ChaLean Extreme - Its a lot of weight lifting, I am really enjoying it so far and I can really feel it the next day!!

I am so determined to get rid of this last bit of weight and belly fat and feel amazing in a bikini on the beach!!!!  

Best Answer

I just joined your group.  Looking forward to this, this seems like just the group I have been looking for! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kelbug  I use a meal replacement protein shake for 2 meals a day.  The vegan line is AMAZING!!!!!  They come in chocolate and vanilla Chai.  It uses brown rice and pea protein, offers 24g of protein per shake. I am not dairy intolorant but use the vegan ones sometimes anyway because they taste so amazing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrsBrown I love the Vega shakes! I have the protein and greens in vanilla flavor right now... but I want to order the all-in-one as soon as I finish this canister! Which flavor do you recommend in the all-in-one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't use Vega.  I use Isagenix.  I really  found the taste much better.  I didn't know Vega had a meal replacement one, I thought they only had the protein shake.  In Canada there are VERY few shakes that are actually a complete meal and meet the requirements to be labled as a meal replacement, especially vegan ones..lol . When I did a comparison this is what I found:

Vega                         Isagenix

20g of protein           24 g of protein

1g of fibre                 8g of fibre

Taste: Meh, ok          Delicious!

Gluten Free              Gluten Free

???                           Soy Free

No                            30 day money back guarantee (was a biggie for me, nothing worse than being                                     stuck with a crappy product that you dont like)
??                            They actually guarantee the purity of their ingredients.  If something is not up                                       to standards they will stop selling it until they can get the non comprimise                                             ingredients instead of just jumping to a different supplier.

Here is the info sheet on the Isagenix shakes.  I LOVE Isagenix, it has been absolutely life changing for me 🙂 

http://www.isagenix.com/~/media/product/isalean-shake-dairy-free/isalean-shake-dairy-free-pis/us-en-...

I recomend Choclate of course LOL (Chocoholic here) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woo! I am totally down with joining this group! I own a dedicated gluten-free bakery and I am the head pastry chef, so I am always in the kitchen and around food.  It also does not help that my boyfriend is also in the industry - as the bar manager of one of our areas best restaurants- so we are constantly going to events/tasting/trying/etc.  This seems like the perfect way for me to be held accountable! All of you seem so awesome and motivated and encouraging! Plus, March 10th is right before my birthday Smiley Tongue 

CW: 189.0

GW: 175.0 (March 10th)

Currently using MFP to keep a food dairy and going to the gym 4-5 days a week and hired a trainer 1x/weekly for a month to see if it helps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @chefk @MrsBrown!! So happy that we are all on here doing this together! It makes it a little less painful lol When I have a vulnerable moment, I always take out my phone and open up the fitbit app and look at our thread. We have so many amazing people on here! Y'all are all so inspiring to me! I can feel how determined and motivated everyone is! 

Happy wendsday too by the way! We made it half way through the week 🎉  How's everyone's workouts been going this week?

Monday-I ran 2.5 miles

Tuesday- walked an hour outside

Today-walked and jogged on treadmill for an hour

I know I need to switch it up and add some strength training but for nowim making baby steps...small changes.

I am feeling good but a little nervous about weighing in on Friday! I have been trying to count calories but some days I am not perfect or exact with it but I'm still hoping to loose at least a pound this week!

I loved reading about yalls goals and recommendations about protein shakes. 

Best Answer

@Kelbug I have a Charge HR. I would like to get the Charge 2.  Maybe I can add that to one of my milestone rewards (like 50 pounds lost). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kelbug- ugh, I am glad you understand. Its so tempting when those around you are eating and drinking whatever they want...lol.

I also am addicted to snacking, I study/ am in class A LOT and everytime I do my brain tells me I am just starving but I have started packing healthy snacks like cucumbers and carrots, and guzzling water like you said.

@Kelbug & @MrsBrown I am really glad you brought up the protein shakes, I have been watching my macros using KatyHearn's free macro calculator https://www.katyhearnfit.com/macro-calculator.html and the loseit app. I notice I NEVER get enough protein and always over on carbs so maybe this is some way to change up my diet a bit. I have tried protein powder before and hated it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chefk @MrsBrown YAY! Glad you all have joined! I am excited to be a part of this with all of you, it has been very informative and motivating in just the few days we have been at it :). @chefk, I can only imagine the temptation with all that great food surrounding you all the time!! 

@lmu022 

I have been doing well exercising but my calorie intake...not the best. However, I have started prepping my breakfasts, lunches and snacks so that should help, and I have been tracking everything to be mindful of it.

As far as exercising goes....

I have finished insanity week 1! (I started last Friday), I am feeling strong and burn somewhere between 300-500 cals during those workouts. 

I do like to go to the gym and lift when I get the chance, I only made it once this week though! 

I am also back in school so I plan on walking from the parking lot to main campus rather than riding the bus because I have to get my steps up! You all are killing me in the activity group!! haha 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning Everyone!! I hope its been a good week for you all.  I am feeling really good. I have been working out regularly again.

Monday: ChaLean Extreme Burn 1 (Weight lifting)

Tuesday: 20 min cardio on the treadmill

Wednesday: ChaLean Extreme Burn 2 (More weights)

Thursday: Core and Flexibility

Friday: ChaLean Extream Burn 3 

Today my husband said my butt looks nice, and I feel a lot less bloated and heavy.  I am doing a cellular cleanse today and always feel amazing afterwards!  I am actually REALLY looking forward to weighing in tomorrow!!!  180lb was my start weight on Sunday, but I am going to make my weigh in day Friday. 

Protein shakes: I tried a few when I was looking into a system for myself.  

These are just my personal oppinions..

Shakeology = tasted disgusting and was not a full meal replacement.

Vega = tasted ok I guess.. not great - not a meal replacement

Arbonne = I didn't like the taste at all but I know some people that do - they have one that is just protein and one that is a meal

SlimFast - tasted ok but no where near as high quality and nutritious

Isagenix - I really love the taste. Its smooth, not chalky at all, you can make it as thick or as watery as you like.

100% disclosure 

I have used Isagenix for 3.5 years and had great results (-60lbs, and more than 172 inches in about half a year) my profile pic is 4 months into my journey.  I have kept it off for about 3 years.  

Yes I am an associate with Isagenix and have a team of over 200 ppl. Yes I get paid hansomly by Isagenix to share the products (which is easy because I LOVE them)

No that is not why I am here.  I am looking for a newtork of women who want to support and encourage each other to succeed, which I feel I have found here.  

YES I am MORE than happy to share info with anyone who has questions but I am not here to shove Isagenix down your throat.

I just wanted to throw it all out there in the open, I don't want to seem like I am sneaking around trying to sell you guys.  

I will be checking in throughout the day and can't wait to post my weigh in results Tomorrow and see all of yours!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! 

Michelle

Best Answer
0 Votes