Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to lose - help please!

Hi,

Sorry for the long post.

I really hope someone can give me some helpful advice here - I'm starting to go a bit crazy!

4 years ago I lost 5 stone, over the course of 2 years. I managed to keep it off mostly but put on a stone at the end of Summer 2014.

I'm tall (6ft) and I'm 34 years old (female) I'm pretty active - I walk 20 mins to work and back every day, and walk around town in my lunch break. That's normally the least active I get. I always either run, cycle, or play netball throughout the week (and quite often all 3 during a weekend)

Since Janurary I've lost 11lbs. Which isn't too bad. But there are weeks (mostly 3 in a row at times) where I lose nothing.

I posted ages ago on myfitnesspal with the same issue and one person that replied gave me the following calculation:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

I'd love to do some more research... or find out if there's validity to this... does anyone know?

I'm wearing a fitbit for 2 weeks now (Charge HR with heart rate monitor) and I'm burning on average 2500 cals a day (no sport, but walking the 20 min to work and back) other days I'm burning well over 3000 cals.

I wore my Polar heart rate monitor with a chest strap and it showed the Fitbit tracker was showing a lower heart rate a lot of the time (and therefore estimating a lower calorie burn) So I may well be burning more than Fitbit tells me...?

I had a deficit of 5918 cals not eaten this week so should have lost...

Help me pleeeease!

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Pollyerrington- there is the problem  "Loads" of fruit. You cant eat loads of fruit when trying to loose. Allow 2- max 3 pieces a day and they should be in the lower sugar catogory- berries, grapefruit perhaps a small apple and if you deserve a prize a smaller banana.

Try it for a week.

I have just weighed in and am down 2 lbs this week. That is 6 lbs in 3 weeks. That means half way to my goal by April 25th. Yay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let you ankle heal! Do upper body and and stuff lying down. You could fall over on crutches adn hurt the other leg!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Errr... It was a joke...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I laughed Smiley LOL

Hope you're ankle heals soon though x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well you know L), there are truly crazies running around 🙂 Good to hear and hope you heal fast 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes