Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDEE and Charge 3 calorie burn

So right now I'm trying to lose some weight and just recently(past week) started working out again. I've been watching my calories to some degree and my average intake during January was around 2266 a day. Higher than it should have been but according to a few different TDEE calculators my sedentary intake should be about 2396 calories to maintain.

42 yr male 5'11" 237lbs 29 to 30% body fat according to my scale as of this morning. According to my Charge 3 my average daily burn without actually working out was 3189 calories. Losing a pound a week should have been easy with that deficit but I've consistently for months been +/- 3lbs from 235. Is the Fitbit really that far off on calculating calorie burn or am I just missing something here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It could be. When I was heavier Fitbit seemed to overestimate my calorie burn by about 500 a day, but when I got down to BMI 'normal' it seemed more accurate. Of course, you may be undercounting how much you ate.

Regardless, if your calculed deficit is usually 900 calories a day, but you are not losing any weight over a period of months, the estimate in, the estimate out, or both are wrong. Try cutting back to 1700/day for a couple of weeks to see how it goes. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer