Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lose weight but counting calories very closely

I have been using FITBIT for several months now.  Following the suggested calorie intake.  Have some questions if anyone could answer for me.  When I exercise, I notice the calorie intake is increased on the dashboard.  For a majority of the time, I do not consume the calories allocated to me.  I am exercising at least 30 minutes walk daily, and when I can, I also take another walk in the afternoon increasing to 1 hour day walking.  This might happen about 1 - 2 times week.  I always try to do 10,000 steps daily, this easily occurs when I walk for 1 hour.  However over that time I have not lost any weight.  Very frustrating.  I am also on the 2 and 5 diet (two days of 500 calories per week)  Still no weight loss.  Can anyone help me ??

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24
great info but a 500 calorie deficit per day is 1 lb per week
Best Answer
0 Votes

@greenandgroovy wrote:
great info but a 500 calorie deficit per day is 1 lb per week

Correct!  My bad.  Thanks for correcting the information

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone tell me why Fitbit tells me I have burned 633 calories already when I have only taken 804 steps so far this morning.  PS> I dont wear Fitbit to bed so have only put it on about an hour ago and have been fairly sedentry so far..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your body burns calories while you are sleeping.  How many depends on your size. Your fitbit calculates total calories burned each day whether you are sleeping or awake and doing nothing or awake and moving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a 57 year old woman, who wishes Fitbit would invent a scale specifically designed for women, who are still menstruating. The weight fluctuates wildly for this group of women for reasons that have everything to do with the menstruation and what day in the month it is, and nothing to do with fat. Now that I am no longer in that age group, I can trust the scale. Menstruating women need to compare the weight to what day it is compared to their menstruation. A tedious task that Fitbit should be able to help them with.

Best Answer
0 Votes