Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Journey

Hi, I am new here🙈.

Even though I've been struggling with my weight for about 3-4 years now, gaining and loosing.

I have found motivation the last couple of days to work my hardest and fight for my goal. But this time I wanted to do something different... I have always been very private about my weight with everyone. It is my biggest insecurity, but perhaps, seeking for suport and motivation in a community like this one will help me a lot. 

So hello there!! Im ready to begin this journey the right way. 

By the way, does anyone know of any method to create the best workout plan?

Thanks 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the community, @Sarahh1188 !

The seek for perfection often leads to "paralysis by analysis". Get started, even if your routine is not the best there is. Doing something consistently, even if it’s not perfect, is always better than doing nothing, or than doing the "best" workout, but only once in a while.

Since you decided to get yourself a Fitbit, why not start by becoming more active, using your step count as a way to measure it? Set yourself a daily or a weekly goal, and make it a point to hit it consistently. You can increase it over time in order to keep challenging yourself, and add new forms of exercising, e.g. take classes at the gym, lift weights etc.

However, you should consider working out more for its benefits on general health, fitness and well-being than as your main tool for weight loss. That tool will be your diet. Same comment here: it doesn’t need to be perfect right away, and there is no "best" diet anyway (there are many ways of eating that can lead to a healthy weight). What matters is taking the first steps in the right direction. Once you got started, you can make improvements as you go.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you !!

Best Answer

Hello there @Sarahh1188, welcome on your new journey! 😊 I totally understand how you've felt about the privacy with your weight, when we are not comfortable with that, we are totally closed to the topic. But it feels so wonderful when you take the challenge and start changing your life, congrats for your decision! 

Have you found a plan already? I loved @Dominique post, so great recommendations and tips to start with this. 😎

Try finding the type of diet that would make you feel alive and not like you were dying in the try. I found this great article (maybe it would help you too): https://www.helpguide.org/articles/diets/how-to-lose-weight-and-keep-it-off.htm

Share with us your results. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes