Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss and Body Fat Percentage

How is it possible to lose 3 pounds through weight lifting and gain 1.2% in body fat?
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi

Have moved this thread from the Charge HR to the Manage Weight section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Three pounds, regardlss of up or down is an irrelevant number which cannot be used for any type of trend analysis.

Best Answer

I assume you have an Aria scale, which is what gave you your body fat %. You need to be aware of the limitations of the method it uses to estimate your BF. In particular, it is very sensitive to changes in hydration level, which can vary greatly during the course of the day. If you want the BF value to be of any use to you, you need to weigh yourself at the same time every day, preferably first thing in the morning, after trip to bathroom. There is no point in weighing yourself, lifting weights for one hour and weighing yourself again in order to determine how much muscle mass you gained, or how much fat you loss, thanks to your workout.  

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I agree with @Dominique you must have a Aria or similar scale.

When i get dehydrated, my Aria always shows a higer fat %.  As much as 2 % or more. 

For example I can take me weight and it would be 220, 24.5 %.  I go walk for six miiles, 90 minutes outside in the 90 degree Texas heat, and come back 2 hours later.  I'm 218, and 26.5 % fat %. 

So take your weight at the start of the day, and that's it.  No point in weighing after your execise.

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Check out Estimate Body Fat - Body Fat Calculator a free AI body fat calculator that only needs an image to help you detect your body fat percentage. Its free to use. It uses dexa scan images as a reference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes