Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight fluctuation

When I started using the Fitbit, my weight seemed to almost melt off at the start. I would imagine that that weight was probably my water weight. I seriously cut back on my pop, drank more water, and tried to keep my calories in check. I've started at 292, and the lowest I've been was 275. However, my weight seems to be fluctuation between 275 and 277-ish.

I was wondering if I need to do more, or just ride it out with what I'm already doing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

If you could give some more information that would be great.  It could be a plateau.  But if this is just over the course of a week or a few days, I would say keep doing what your doing. 

I think the key is really that we are all making life choices here.  These aren't changes that we're going to make for a month or two, lose some weight and be able to pick back up where we left off and expect to stay at the same weight.  Make small changes one at a time.  This way the original change becomes habit and one can look forward to the next small obstacle.

Remember to cheer yourself.  You have already lost 17 lbs!!!  WAY TO GO!  That is a big deal!!! Keep on keeping on.  Give it a little bit of time to sort itself out.  If you don't like what your seeing look to the next small change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First of all, I'd get rid of all soda.  Diet, real, doesn't matter.  Nothing in there that is good for you.  It is empty calories. 

Second weight loss is 80-90% what you eat.  So if you are not losing weight, make some small changes to your diet, and lower the calories you comsume each day.

Third, increase your physical activities, intensity, and duration.  While exercise alone, unless you exercise A LOT, cannot cause weight loss without diet changes. Exercise can only enhance weight loss.  

Four, don't give up!  Keep at it.  Sooner or later, your body will lose weight.  You just have to repeat steps 2 and 3 until it does.

Five, don't eat fewer than 1200-1300 as a woman, and 1800 as a man.  So if you pick a 1000 calorie deficit, and you can eat fewer calories to make your deficit, then you must exercise every day.  Or you must reduce your deficit to match what you can eat. 

Good luck!  Keep Active!!!

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes