Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong????

After starting and stopping a ton of times I really am putting 100% behind this effort to lose weight.  I have pretty much cut out soda (from 3 to 4 cans a day to 1 can a week).  Increased my water intake from nothing to 64 oz a day.  Eating  less crap and better food.  1/2 cup oatmeal for breakfast, a spinach salad with low cal itialian dressing for dinner and a small sensable meal for supper.  I've even started to get active.  for sitting on my behind to a 20 min walk and 30 min jog everyday.

Since I have started I have gained .4 lbs.  I know that isn't much but I'm hoping for a loss.

Any tips on what I'm doing wrong or am I not giving it enough time????

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

I log everything I eat and drink. 

Best Answer

Yes, all true to add in resistance and interval training.

But for just starting the journey, cutting out the bad & encompassing more of the good is a great start on a lifestyle change....

Some of us are starting over from scratch because of medical reasons... Some are just starting out by doing the simple items first. I was told make steady changes.

Walk every day, cut out soda, cut back on carbs...

and once you hit 90 days of keeping on track, then start the weights/bands twice a week. YOU want to enjoy the transformation but you don't want to go full out and then stop because results take time if you do it right & they won't come back when you stop.

Why because habits aren't broken in 21 days, habits aren't started in 21 days.

Depends on the person...

an Alcoholic doesn't stop drinking day 1- and are cured they fight it every day.

Loosing weight, is the same thing. CHANGE is a struggle until it is effortless and then it's time to step up the game.

#OneDayatATime
Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, same thing happened to me!  I got a fitbit, started eating right, getting my steps in, exercising....the first week no change in the scale.  The second week I gained 3 pounds...I was devastated!!  I will keep plugging along, and hopefully things will start changing.  Good luck everyone!

Best Answer