Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I weigh in?

I have talked to friends and they say in the morning before coffee.
I have talked to coaches and they say anytime and then average out the month or week.
I have asked my doctor and she said once in the morning, once at night and/or when you choose.

Daily? Weekly? Monthly?
Time? or twice in a day....

I know it will ultimately come back to me and when I choose, but to be consistent.

Hearing other thoughts would be great.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I go with Daily / First Thing upon raising usually the same time most days especially before Coffee.

Best Answer

I WI first thing in the  mornings. It doesn't really matter. Consistency is the key. Same time  when ever you when in.

As for how often is up to you. I WI about 3 times a week. But not daily

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I wake up, use the bathroom and then weigh every day.  It helps me refocus and start the day right!

Best Answer

every morning right after my shower before I eat or drink anything. I did however weigh at night as well when I was losing so I knew what to expect in the morning and could do a little self talk depending on the outcome. However you choose to do it, it is a matter of averages or at least a trending. So if you don't lose one day- you haven't failed.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

You will weigh least in the morning. Assuming you don't get up in the middle of the night and eat and drink a bunch, you'll be less hydrated than you will be later in the day, and there won't be food in your stomach. I'll see a 5 pound difference sometimes. I think you'll drive yourself crazy weighing more than once a day, so to make yourself happiest, weigh in the morning. 

Best Answer

I weigh myself before I run on my treadmill and again when I finish my run. The sweat/water loss is about 1.4lbs-2.0lbs for most running sessions depending on my running intensity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I personally second the suggestion of daily / first thing in the morning. I’ll add: only step on the scale once, make sure your feet are perfectly aligned, accept whatever value is displayed and move on with your day. Mentioning this as there are recurrent discussions on the Aria help forum of people stepping in ten times, complaining they get totally different values each time, deeming their scale utterly useless and blaming it for their lack of success.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do it a couple times a day and use the lowest reading to make myself feel better.

Best Answer
0 Votes