Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I track my measurements?

ANSWERED

Can anyone tell me if there is a location on Fitbit to log measurements other than weight and BF%? I'm transitioning from using MyFitnessPal to FB because I couldn't get the two apps to sync consistently. MFP allowed for additional measurements, such as waist and chest, etc. I would like to continue tracking those measurements here. (I have searched the discussion/help boards but only found solutions from 2014 that no longer seem relevant.) 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AAflute wrote:

(I have searched the discussion/help boards but only found solutions from 2014 that no longer seem relevant.) 

I see you did your homework: it used to be possible to manually enter your body measurements (as well as things as blood pressure, if memory serves) in your Fitbit account, but the feature was removed at some point. As @WendyB said, you’ll have to enter them elsewhere. How about a Google Sheet (or Excel), if you no longer wish to use MFP?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

There is no way to track measurements so I would stick with MFP

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AAflute wrote:

(I have searched the discussion/help boards but only found solutions from 2014 that no longer seem relevant.) 

I see you did your homework: it used to be possible to manually enter your body measurements (as well as things as blood pressure, if memory serves) in your Fitbit account, but the feature was removed at some point. As @WendyB said, you’ll have to enter them elsewhere. How about a Google Sheet (or Excel), if you no longer wish to use MFP?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

I just use a Google sheet to keep track of my measurements. I tried out a few apps, but ultimately didn't want to maintain yet another app for something so simple. 

I do wish Fitbit would allow us to track our body measurements. I'd argue that it's the more important indicator of body re-composition than the numbers on the scale. 

Best Answer

Yea it's more important but if Fitbit can't make $$ on a measurement device I bet it'll never happen. 

Best Answer

As I see it, Fitbit is handy for tracking things that change on a daily basis, whether the metrics come from Fitbit itself (steps, calories, active hours etc., or weight, if you have a smartscale that can link to your account) or not (food intake, weight if you don’t have a supported smartscale). Body measurements typically don’t change much on a daily, or even weekly basis. Therefore it doesn’t make sense to clutter your account with them. As noted previously, a simple Google sheet will provide all you need (including flexibility) for your body measurements.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes

What stinks is that you *used* to be able to track your body measurements on Fitbit. I did. They removed that functionality a few years ago. I have no idea why. They used to have places to log your blood pressure and (I think) blood glucose numbers as well. Those disappeared at the same time.

Now I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my measurements, too, and agree that it's annoying having information spread over varous places. That said, with a spreadsheet I can use various formulae for estimating body fat based on measurements and put them in the spreadsheet, so that's a plus.

PS: Oops, now I see that Dominique already pointed out that this was a removed functionality in the earlier part of this thread. I think they removed it in summer 2015, FWIW.

Best Answer
no doubt it was a database management decision. Reduce fields..reduce
overhead. But still sucks

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was a useful feature. 😞 I wish I could look at my old logs.  I suppose that information is now lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mokeywrote:

This was a useful feature. 😞 I wish I could look at my old logs.  I suppose that information is now lost.

In all fairness, Fitbit did notify us about it, via an e-mail send on 15-Aug-2015 ("I​mportant Notice: We're retiring a few logging features"):

2018-03-29_1157.png

The related Community post can be found here.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

please reconsider adding measurements. it's really unbelieveable that it was removed as it is a v important part of weight loss. entering it in another app? unacceptable.

Best Answer
Best Answer

You can track how much water you drink, but I'm not really interested in tracking that, so I just put my waist measurements in the water tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you use Google fit you can track measurements and link it with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes