Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout oddities

Hey guys I just thought that maybe we could have a discussion about losing weight and if anything has happened that was strange during the time of losing weight.

I'll start:

I started working out at 296lbs.

My goal is 180lbs

I've been losing weight slowly since 4/1/2016 I am currently in the middle to low 250lbs

Strange things have happened to me since I started this journey. Around May of 2017 (this year) I suddenly started to have strange pains all over my chest and down either side of my neck. My colon and stomach started to go heywire as well as many many other things. I've been to the doctor probably more than I ever have in life so far for me. I have no had a heart attack but started to have panic attacks strange enough. my heart has been so up and down up and down and all over the place that the fitbit blaze that I have (even the replacement I have) sometimes thinks that it can't find my heart beat ("--" indication on the fitbit) (though it is where it should be, already have a different topic on this). I think I have figured out the panic attacks and that is quite possibly related to my men's one a day multi vitamin. Which ironically they changed the formula around the time I started having issues in my body. Right now I am dealing with a strange twitching right eye that goes through fazes of extremely mild twitching to hello everyone can see the entire eye twitch (never has happened like this before) where I have pressure in my nose as well, this has been going on the last month and a half or so. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has gone through strange phenomena during their weight loss that never happened before while gaining weight or when you were at the proper weight before getting over weight....

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@JT1985 -- you're already seeing a doctor, so I'll spare you that recommendation.   Some random ideas:

• The symptoms correlate with your weight loss, but that could be a coincidence.  I realize this contradicts the premise of your question, but thought I'd mention it.
  • I had a similar eye twitch a few years ago -- it was stress.  Being overweight is stressful, particularly if it interferes with your ability to sleep soundly.  Working out and eating at a calorie deficit increases stress.
  • Panic attacks -- I've know several people who had panic attacks due to excessive coffee and caffeine - Don't know if this is your situation.
Best Answer

I don't drink alcohol, I don't drink caffeinated anything, I don't smoke.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JT1985 -- I will sometimes get muscle twitches in my calves or even arms after long bike rides.  I have had twitches in the eye lids before, but I can't remember the last time, and not when I was losing weight earlier this year.  I probably don't hydrate enough on long rides so that adds stress, depletes minerals and so on.  And, of course, there is fatigue.  It never lasts past the day of the exercise so I don't worry about it.

Looking at the triggers in this article, other likely eye twitch causes for me (and maybe you) would be tiredness (I average about 5.5 hours sleep /day), nutritional imbalance (more likely when someone has reduced calories to lose weight), caffeine and/or alcohol, and allergies.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

cool. I was thinking it was one of those or multiple of those. I am a vegitarian and I usually get all my nutrience however I have removed cheese (mostly) from my diet in the last two months. maybe its a b12 deficit!

Best Answer
0 Votes