Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calorie deficit

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread, I'm next to the website but I was just wondering if Fitbit will automatically take out your desired calorie deficit each day. For example, I would like a deficit around 250 calories each day. I'm walking on thin ice with only 160 calories left for the day but is the 250 deficit already taken out or if it's actually our calories left for the day. Sorry for all the confusing but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say haha

p.s does anyone have any tips on how to stay in your zone for the day, what are some foods to stay away from?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ryan231654 -- Yes, if you set up a food plan and weight loss goals, you can select different calories deficit levels and can manually enter a 250 calorie deficit.  Also, Fitbit will allocate calories out to you as you go through the day and burn calories.

The app and website are pretty intuitive -- if you force yourself to log all your eating for a few days, you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Best Answer

@ryan231654 wrote:

what are some foods to stay away from?

Quick tip: don’t drink your calories, especially not when in a deficit. So no fruit juice (even "freshly squeezed organic", eat the actual fruits instead!), no coffee or tea with milk, cream, sugar etc. in them, no non-diet soda. Tip #2: favour high-bulk, low-calorie foods; most veggies fit the bill. Fiber is also your friend (again, many veggies are a good source), but don’t go crazy with it: if you’re not used to eating fiber-rich food, introduce it progressively. Eat enough protein, some healthy fats as well.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes