Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crossfit making me heavy?

ANSWERED
hey guys, ive just started a new routine and its crossfit like style, and this week ive just on half a stone. my food intake is lower around 2300 cals a day, my cal out is around 3000 a day for this week. but ive put on half a stone. i even went toilet and lost water weight. im goin to count my cals all week @ 2100 and see what i weight next sunday...
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Looks like the main change is in your exercising, not your diet. With all that new cardio added, you should burn more calories than before, so if you eat at the same level, you should have a bigger deficit than before (if you were already in a caloric deficit). Just give it some time and it should show on the scale. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Same remarks as in this other topic: 1) sudden change in activity type/level/intensity can cause extra water retention (for instance, via increased cortisol production), 2) one week is too short a period to draw any meaninful conclusion.

Crossfit is known to be very demanding. What did your routine look like prior to it? Were you dieting with similar calories (2300 vs. 3000) prior to starting crossfit? If so, for how long and with what results?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes ive just added this cardio this week, i use to just do weights but now i do 1 hour cardio extra and do less weights. my weights last for 40mins or so and the crossfit is about 1 hour, crossfit is like push ups, star jumps, planks, all that good stuff, its very demanding to what im use too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the main change is in your exercising, not your diet. With all that new cardio added, you should burn more calories than before, so if you eat at the same level, you should have a bigger deficit than before (if you were already in a caloric deficit). Just give it some time and it should show on the scale. 

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes