Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting steps to weight watchers points

ANSWERED

I'm curious if anyone has figured out how to convert our daily steps to WW points? I know that 2,000 steps equal 1 mile plus it's already listed on the Fit Bit. Any ideas? By not including the steps taken per day, you don't get an accurate accounting of activity done within the WW guidelines. Maybe doing both programs isn't the best idea?

Let me know what you think. Appreciate it...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On WW if you pull up the AP tracker and scroll to the bottom you will see there is a place to add steps

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

On WW if you pull up the AP tracker and scroll to the bottom you will see there is a place to add steps

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you SO MUCH! That works. You have no idea how many people don't know that on the web. Really appreciate it. Do you find there are many discrepancies between WW and the FitBit? My husband and I have done WW a few times, decided to go back after not getting quick enough results with the FitBit which we do love. Just rejoined WW today and attempting to put it all together.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use weight watchers mobile. I cannot find a place to enter steps. What am I doing wrong?
Best Answer
0 Votes

In order to add steps you have to be on a computer, there isn't (yet, anyway) a way to do add from the mobile app.

Hope this helps!  Woman Happy

Every step forward, no matter how small, is better than sitting still.
Best Answer
Thanks for your reply, but my Weight Watchers tools don't have that option! I contacted weight watchers, and they confirmed. I think they just want you to use the 'active link' they sell. I will configure my own point system converting the the miles I walk to time. Thanks again for your help.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do this?? I cant work out how to

Best Answer
0 Votes
I convert my miles to minutes (20 minute mile = 2 pts). If you walk faster WW has other times, e.g. 12 minute mile. I like the food program for WW, but the activity portion is made to work with their activity monitor.
Best Answer
0 Votes

oh I am from australia maybe thats why I cant do it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the WW eTools and it's really easy.

1. Snyc your FitBit

2. Go to your FitBit Dashboard to see how many steps you have walked.

3. Go to the WW eTools and pull up the Activity tracker

4. At the bottom of the tracker there are two tabs, Quick Add and Add Steps

5. Select Add Steps

6. The first time you try to add steps you will need to configure your stride, there is a little icon you can click and WW will tell you how.

7. Enter your steps in the Number of Steps box and select All Day or Active. I usually select All Day and use my total steps for the day.

8. Click the tab Enter Steps

9. You will see your steps added in the Activity Tracker screen. For me it takes about 3000 steps to equal 1 AP, but it may vary depending on your stride.

Hope this helps!  Woman Happy

Every step forward, no matter how small, is better than sitting still.
Best Answer

Thanks Kindy but our etools must be different in australia we have the quick add but there is no add steps. I will just have to track the active exercise and the rest of the steps be an added bonus I guess without actually tracking them

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, the eTools that I have available do not give mr the option to convert steps.

Thanks for trying!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
That explains a lot! Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is very difficult for people who have been struggling with excess weight all their lives to regularly bring their bodies into shape. Discovered the best body restoration clinic https://vacuumbuttlift.com/ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm actually having a similar dilemma, and I get that people are saying to just connect the Fitbit to the WW app.
There's a problem... the Fitbit I have is outdated, and it won't let me connect in the first place.
So if there's anyone out there that has some kind of formula or something that I can work with, preferably with steps (and even calories) instead of time because I accumulate my steps all throughout the day, that would mean a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes