Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit and 21 day fix

I just started using my fitbit this past Monday and i have restarted the 21 day fix program. I'm looking for others that might also be doing 21 day fix.  I'm 52, live in northern Vermont. I'm in the middle of the dreaded menopause and i'm hypothroid so losing weight is a real difficult thing to do. I guess i'm just looking for some buddies near and far so we can help each other stick with it.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43
CStar3636, that is awesome! If you stick to it, you won't regret it.
Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just starting here because I got a fitbit it for Mother's Day.

I believe in trying something out first and if you love it and want to buy the entire program fine. I do my own 21 day fix using good ole measuring cups and the food list. I like the jjvirgin all in one shakes and use those instead of shakeology. I vary my workout each day.

21 days is a measurement that's been found to be the magic number of days to make it a habit.

Because I liked the container method so much my husband got me the colored containers on a lightning sale on Amazon. They double as a cool toy for my 2 yr old granddaughter.

The point is you can find enough information to see if a plan is something you'll use without shelling out a lot of dough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hearlady wrote:

21 days is a measurement that's been found to be the magic number of days to make it a habit.

Actually, this common myth stems from the observation in the 60s by Maxwell Maltz, a cosmetic surgeon, that it took his patients 21 days to get used to their new selves after an operation (more about this here). Extrapolating from that observation it’s the time needed to form a habit is far-fetched IMO.

A study by Philippa Lally et al. (How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real world) shows it takes between 18 and 254 days to form a habit. The median value was 66 days, i.e. more than three times the commonly believed time.

Now, even if one could indeed form a habit in 21 days, this wouldn’t really help with weight loss. This is because having a weight problem is usually the consequence of having multiple poor or suboptimal habits. Getting rid of a dozen bad habits while adopting several better ones would be impossible to do at once.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a snacker but also like to plan. So, the “21 day fix” cups (a gift) are easy to use. I am alone in my quest to lose weight in a family of 5. I am surrounded by a sea of processed food, so being able to ready all I need for the day is key to keeping me on track. My stuff is on the counter to eat whenever I feal like. Now, the only thing I have to worry about is not eating it all at once. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes