Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gastric bypass/sleeve buddies

Hey everyone, im looking for people who have or get a gap or sleeve and use a fitbit to get active and loose weight.

Im 36, mom of 3 boys weight is 128.5 atm... 2 weeks ago i started at 131.

first appointment is august 4th with a doctor to start this gap/sleeve journey

Looking for people who would love to inspire me haha and are in the same sort of position as me

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Hello @Tammie1981 !!!

I would LOVE to be your WLS Buddy !!! 

For ME...the gastric sleeve was the best ( and thoroughly ) researched thing I have ever done for MYSELF. 

I was over 400 pounds....with all the aches , pains, medications and humiliations that go along with it.

Because of the way my insurance worked , I had to attend a 6 month Bariatric Program. In that time ( and a little after) I lost 90 pounds ON MY OWN.  People would ask " Then why have the surgery? Keep doing what your doing!"......Yet I was still over 320 pounds....Still on medication...and at that point was starting to struggle with it all. I needed help ASAP to get this weight off before I fell to the yoyo dieting gods once again. (Which is one of the many reasons I got to 400 pounds)......

I ended up losing an extra 114 pounds with the surgery for a all end total of over 200 pounds lost.

NOW ~ I believe in keeping it real.....The Bariatric Community stresses that the surgery is just a tool, not a magical solution.....Because if it was I would not have gained 30 pounds back. The reason I have gained is because I stopped using the tools and the info I was given. I stopped exercising , started eating "slider" foods aka high carbs/ low nutrient foods that go down easy.

But guess what ! I saw what was happening , and I refuse to let myself go down the morbid obesity path again. I have started to reread all my books/videos etc....I am eating healthy again, taking my vitamins and supplements and started exercising  again ( reason I rejoined fitbit).....In less than a week I had lost 10 pounds. My latest weigh in showed I GAINED 1.5 pounds.....but I am not worried. I know how well  I am doing and its my body adjusting to my new routine. 

I personally know people who have had the surgery to gain ALL their weight back plus more. ( Which blows my mind , because it is physically painful to overstuff your pouch) of course , they are probably in some sort of emotional , mental pain and they never stopped using food as their medication.

Anyone who has questions, please feel free to ask. I am happy to tell you about MY personal journey.

Looking forward to being friends with you Tammie ! 🙂 

Best Answer
Thank you so much for your reaction!
Yea I lost around 15 pound by now but I always yoyo so that's why I need this extra step too.
I'm done with pain and bad health. Going to add you now!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer

Hi There! I had a gastric bypass on Monday - 8/14. I had a Fitbit and was doing well at maintaining and then I just stopped. I am now beginning the journey armed with two tools, my surgery and my fitbit. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm hoping to have a gastric bypass scheduled within the next few weeks. Can I be added to your group? I'll need all the support I can get!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the full bypass done in 2022. Would love to link up with others to help motivate me towards a more active life.

Best Answer
0 Votes