Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit cycle length not working (ios)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello guys,

Before I use to take a birth control pill for 84 days, it was 3 consecutive packs of the pills and then after a 1-week pause. And I did set my Female Health Tracking like this.

But now I am taking it monthly and I cannot edit the cycle length for 28 days.

I tried in the app and couldn't do it. I tried on the computer and I cannot even find the section to edit it.

Does someone know how to fix it?

Thank you.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hi @PietraM and @AlbieE thank for posting your input here. Welcome to our new member. My apologies for the delay.

Sorry for the inconvenience with your Fitbit Health Tracking. Our team is working on finding the root cause in order to provide you with a resolution. Thanks for time that you've taken in order to fix it. I'll let you know as soon as we get more information about this.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this issue. It’s frustrating seeing how LONG this issue has been known and not fixed. I work in software, and an app update shouldn’t take over a year. 

To be clear - I have successfully updated my cycle to 28 days (from 33) in settings but the calendar and fertility tracking does NOT update. 

Please get this fixed. 

Best Answer

Hi! I have a suggestion to help remedy some of the difficulty in editing the cycle length in the women’s health tracker. I like the health tracker, but I find the circles don’t always move while in edit mode. Idea: To allow the Fitbit user the ability to type in directly the actual days of their monthly cycle. This would help the tracker to be more accurate as well. Thank you for considering this idea. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its 2019 and I'm having the same issue.  Any resolutions. Thanks

Best Answer

Been over a year now and this isn’t fixed. I too went from a 90 day cycle to a 28 day cycle and though my profile is correct and I update my periods, the calendar and predictions show the 90 day cycle. Why is this taking so long to fix?  I feel sorry for the customer service rep who keeps thanking us for our patience and gives us empty promises. My husband and I are trying to have a baby and the fertile window predictions would be helpful if they’d ever work. There are other fitness trackers and apps that work.  That may be our best answer. 

Best Answer
Yeah, still no update we plan on trying for a baby in a couple months and I
just wanted to get an idea of my cycle as well and it’s still not
corrected. I’m using other period trackers now, It’s just disappointing
Best Answer

So I was thinking I was crazy because I keep changing my cycle to 28 days and it won’t update on my calendar. My calendar says 38. Seems like this has been a problem for many. I’m flabbergasted that there is still no fix for this.  This portion of Fitbit is useless. Can we get a real answer or fix by now?!

Best Answer

Wow, I am utterly shocked that I found this post, in April 2020, and the issue has still not been fixed by Fitbit...!!

had to fix it myself, see my response below 👍

Best Answer

....any time now...

Best Answer

Wow! Today I literally bought a pregnancy test because I have been stressed about being two days late since I changed birth control methods and edited my calendar to my new cycle. Turns out I wasn't two days late it was just a fitbit bug that they have known about for a year and a half. Sheesh! 

Best Answer

This post has been up for over a year, I have been having this problem for months. Are there any solutions yet?

Also, does anyone recommend other period trackers since fitbit cannot resolve this?

thanks

Best Answer

I followed these directions several times and says it is saved, but doesn't. It's still off by 1 day than predicted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally did the same thing & bought a pregnancy test today since I just checked the app & it’s showing as 4 days late...then I realised the calendar hadn’t actually updated after I changed from a 28 to 33 day cycle. It’s been a nervous few days before I realised what was actually going on...

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Cycle set at 28 days but calendar says 51 and it WONT update. Hopefully Fitbit will address this issue which according to this thread has been identified for more than a year, for their female demographic!!!

Best Answer

LADIES I figured it out!!! I was having trouble with this myself. I think when you set the cycle length it’s for the initial predictions but once you start to log your periods it predicts your cycle length off of that!!

So if you want to change it, it’s annoying but it works, count the days back of the length you want and log a fake period. Do this for like the last 2 or 3 months and the cycle length should update.

For example if you want to changed it to 28 days as I wanted to, I had a period last week so I counted 28 days before that date and logged a fake one, and then did it for the month before that too.

Hope this helps everyone cause apparently the only feature specific to women doesn’t matter to Fitbit. 

Best Answer

This totally works! I created and account just so I could upvote this because I was so frustrated while trying to figure this out and seeing the multi-year ignoring of the problem. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG! Thank you for this fix! I was getting so annoyed lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

This makes me crazy. It was working fine up until the last couple months. I finally some how managed to get it from something ridiculous like 70-80 day cycle down to 35 days. It makes me not want to use it anymore and just go back to my old calendar

Best Answer
0 Votes

You must have missed logging some periods. Go back through your history and DELETE any periods which are logged before your most recent chain of history.  If you have logged every month’s period for the last year, say, then before that only logged sporadically, delete all those periods that were logged before the last year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You genius!! This totally worked thank you sooo much 

Best Answer
0 Votes