Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback for Female Health Tracking feature

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else find that the female health tracking isn't as useful if your cycles aren't perfectly regular?  For example:

-Fitbit shouldn't assume my period has started until I *tell* the app that it's started. (I did see someone else mention they had the option to "confirm" the first day of their cycle; I was never given that option despite my [Android] app and Versa being up to date and having notifications fully enabled, so I'm not certain what that refers to.) Since you can't enter a future start date OR delete a period, I've had to do that every day until my cycle actually started. Why can't "1 day late" or whatever be a valid cycle status until I enter a start date?

-I manually entered a year's worth of cycles when the feature was launched, giving me an average cycle length of 25 days, which is actually about accurate (typically more like 24 with the occasional longer cycle). However, my first cycle I actually logged in Fitbit happened to be 28 days. This then pushed ALL of my future predicted cycles out to be 28 days long, which is very INaccurate. Why would it do that instead of staying with the average based on past data, which is a much better predictor? (Note - on the "Trends" tab, it still shows an average cycle length of 25 days. Nevertheless, all future cycles are very clearly predicted to begin exactly 4 weeks after the preceding one.)

I had more issues, but those are the 2 major ones ones right now. Has anyone else experienced them and found a way to overcome them? Am I doing something wrong/are there settings I can change that I'm overlooking?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @BarbieAS84, it's nice to see you around here! Thank you for the thorough feedback about the functionally of the Female Health Tracking feature. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Please take a look if you haven't already. For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  Smiley Very Happy

Since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback, Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community.

Please make sure to turn on notifications if you want to receive reminders on your phone about when your period is predicted to start. For more information, see Can the Fitbit app remind me when my period will start?

Also, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android 2.72.1 and iOS 2.51)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes