Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How has Menstrual Health Tracking helped you?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Community demand played a huge role in the release of Female Health Tracking on Fitbit. This feature helps you to track your periods, fertile windows, ovulation days, and female health symptoms.

If you have want to view or add suggestions to improve female health tracking, visit our feature suggestion forum. If you have questions, see our help article.

What's your favorite thing about Female Health Tracking, or how has it helped you on your health journey?

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I am very sad to say this, because the nice looking cycle tracking option in the app was one of the reasons I picked Fitbit as my wearable of choice, but I am just now downloading a different app for cycle tracking.

After I updated my phone, the data is no longer trustworthy. I noticed that 1 day right before all the ones where I logged sexual activity now displays sexual activity also, and not once but 5 TIMES or so (I wish, lol). This cannot be removed (at least not easily) and makes utter chaos in my past tracking. I accepted that as an annoying bug, but now I cannot log this data anymore, either. This made me question all the data saved there, as I obviously depend fully on the app with my cycle tracking - THIS CAN BE REALLY DANGEROUS.

I am reconsidering buing another Fitbit thanks to this, to be honest - really sad to say this, as the app seems so lovely otherwise, but it makes me question what else got all messed up...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, please which app are you using, where you saw this corelation? I've been looking for one able to do this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a pretty irregular period often as well. It definitely would be great to be able to use the app for a little more problem solving, like finding patterns or antecedents to an off, or even perfectly synced period!

Best Answer

Sadly, the tracker has been a huge disappointment. I appreciate that I can edit cycle days but every time I modify my period days, I get a notification a week later that my period is predicted to start in a couple days and need to edit again.. Decided to test and not update last month and when I just opened the app, last month's period was deleted and looks like my cycle is 49 days long. Also displayed a message that my period is predicted to last 4 more days and hasn't even started. I have tried deleting and adding app but has not corrected the problem. 

Best Answer

Hi, it doesn't help because it's not working!!

when it will be fixed?

Best Answer

It doesn’t work. Can’t save or change anything. Half my data is also missing now. According to the app I haven’t had a period in months. Except I’m totally regular and can’t tell it that because it doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

Could FitBit actually put some work into making the menstrual health/female health tracker work? There are a lot of here who would love to be able to have a reliable tracker, but we're left with a tracker that is spotty at best. I haven't been able to record and save any data in weeks, and this is a pattern with this tracker.

I'm just saying: there are all kinds of female health awareness clock faces available to download, community promises of changes for the tracker, and yet years-ongoing threads of frustrated females who just want a dependable health tracker. Could we get more than clock faces and false promises? 

Best Answer

Sadly, the women's health tracker stopped working for me after only a few months of use. It cannot handle the data storage.

After a little while, it started to get glitchy and wouldn't always save my inputs, so I stopped entering everything except for my periods, and now it can't even handle that. It literally stores nothing and I had no luck with the online support.

By the time you get enough data for it to make predictions, it will not be able to store any more data, so you're better off using a separate app. 

Thumbs down for this feature. 😞

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit,

I made this account solely to post about the menstrual health tracking and that it seems to have a lot of potential but falls short every time I think it's going to be helpful. It does the bare minimum of tracking periods. Isn't the whole point of the fitbit, and having all this data about your heart rate, moods, weight etc something that could be correlated with menstrual cycles on a graph or chart? I had premium, and you can't even get this sort of comparison if you want to pay for it! Further, the 'save period' button doesn't work. Very frustrating. Many other better period trackers out there. 

Best Answer
I preferred pink but they stopped updating it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Created a forum account just to add my voice to the chorus of disappointed customers.

The period prediction is incorrect, and the only option is to confirm the error! What a joke. “Edit” allows only a change in period length, not start date. Fiddling with settings allows me to change cycle length, and thus screw up all other periods (not everyone has exactly regular periods, for a variety of reasons, you ignorant jerks), or turn off prediction altogether. I don’t want to turn off the prediction as it is generally useful to have an idea of when to expect my period, even if it’s off by a couple days, based on the last one I had. What we thus end up with is a series of false meaningless historical data, so that I can have day to day usefulness with the prediction, or accurate historical data that is essentially useless because Fitbit won’t integrate it into trends.

If your algorithm cannot handle integrating real world data, then you should just delete this feature altogether until you find some capable programmers. That’s literally to be the reason fitbits are supposedly useful. 

Entirely agree with everyone who has said this app must have been made by men, with no input from actual human females. 

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit We are still waiting for feedback and improvements.

Best Answer

Currently can't record symptoms like many on your period tracker. Not heard anything from fitbit about this problem. I need this function working! I have tried uninstall and reinstall. Please reply. 

Best Answer

If it worked as it should, I would love this feature. As it is, it's a total waste of time. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely agree.
Had to start a new app. Couldn't record anything.
Best Answer

As a user of Fitbit, I've found that the Menstrual Health Tracking feature has been helpful in certain aspects. It has allowed me to monitor my menstrual cycles, predict future cycles, and log symptoms related to my cycle. This has given me a better understanding of my body and helped me manage my health more effectively.

However, I have also experienced some limitations with Fitbit's menstrual health tracking feature, particularly in terms of data display, customization, and integration with other health metrics. For example, I found it challenging to visualize patterns between my menstrual cycles and other health indicators, such as resting heart rate or sleep quality. This made it difficult for me to fully benefit from the tracking feature and gain valuable insights.

My experience with Fitbit's Menstrual Health Tracking feature has been a mixed one. While it has helped me in tracking my menstrual cycles and understanding my body better, there is room for improvement in terms of data display and integration with other health metrics. I would appreciate if Fitbit could address these issues in future updates or consider user feedback to enhance the menstrual health tracking experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read messages regarding the menstrual tracking app going back as far as 2018 regarding the lack of ability to log pregnancy. I find this oversight extremely exclusionary and insensitive. Especially given someone can log periods, cycle symptoms, ovulation and even taking the Plan B pill. With FitBit's acquisition by Google, I would think the resources to make this change are well within reach. 

Best Answer