Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How has Menstrual Health Tracking helped you?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Community demand played a huge role in the release of Female Health Tracking on Fitbit. This feature helps you to track your periods, fertile windows, ovulation days, and female health symptoms.

If you have want to view or add suggestions to improve female health tracking, visit our feature suggestion forum. If you have questions, see our help article.

What's your favorite thing about Female Health Tracking, or how has it helped you on your health journey?

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I'm afraid it hasn't. The data are very poorly displayed, and the main app listing a countdown to menstruation gets ridiculously confusing if your cycles aren't dead regular, as it can be telling you that you're past the end of your period when it hasn't started yet. There is nothing showing the link between cycles and the other data Fitbit gathers.

Yesterday I entered my resting heart rate data into another app along with my periods, and to my astonishment, a very strong pattern emerged. Being able to do that would be amazing, especially since the other app also shows me my cyclical symptoms on the same chart. Fitbit doesn't let you see your symptoms charted at all, so you can't see the patterns. 

Best Answer

I really have found it helpful to track it because of my mood fluctuations. It's helped me be more aware that I interpret situations really differently toward the end of my cycle, and I will defer some decisions or delay action during that time.

I'd echo what Calathea77 has said here. I'd like to see some correlative data, and not just paywalled behind premium. Also, to the extent that resting heart rate does fluctuate with the cycle, I'm suspecting a pattern with the VO2 Max Heart health score. It's like my fitness score is penalized because I'm a menstruating female.

I wonder about Calathea's comment regarding the predictions for a longer cycle -- shouldn't the app learn that the cycle is longer, and not keep making the mistake? If it doesn't get more accurate over time, it's not doing what it purports to do. 

I've used other apps, and I would say the period symptoms could also be broadened, or perhaps the ability to add a note would be useful. I have a chronic pain condition and other apps allow me to note some symptoms so that I was able to see a clear pattern. 

Finally, I'm not sure how many people are using the app for fertility reasons; I am not, and to the extent that this is a fitness app I'd just say the ability to graph cycle information alongside other data would be the most helpful for us to understand our activity levels as they relate to menstruation.

Best Answer

Hi @presentjoy @Calathea77 and @LizardQueen Thank you for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts about the Female Health Tracking. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our Fitbit features based on what you share here.

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would like to have the ability to remove this feature. Old enough not to need it. 

Best Answer

Hey @JudithNY nice to see you around.

Thanks for sharing your comment. If you're not using the Female Health tracking tile you can hide it.

To hide the Female Health tile:

1. On the Today tab 

, tap Edit in the top right.
  2. Tap the red minus icon 

next to Female Health and tap Remove.
  3. Tap Save in the top right. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

How do you delete this from your fitbit?  I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago. Everything was taken, I have ZERO USE for this but it is on my dashboard, on my settings and it doesn't look like it can be deleted.  I don't have a need for it!  Come on, not everyone wants to track everything.  Not everyone has a need to track everything.

Best Answer

@CoastieMom, did the directions above work for you?

To hide the Female Health tile:

1. On the Today tab  

, tap Edit in the top right.
  2. Tap the red minus icon  

next to Female Health and tap Remove.
  3. Tap Save in the top right. 

Best Answer

Morning routine to sucking teeth. A word to freak out about in your life by walking and gymnasium. Get life sawdensefil. This is a type of Vitamen b found in gerry’s like cherries.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Unfortunately it hasn't. The app doesn't save any symptoms we log (I say we because there are a number of us affected by it). We have had a post going in the forums for months now ("symptom tracking not saving again") with no appropriate response or resolution from Fitbit.

Some support to get this basic function working would be nice.

Best Answer

Not much help if you only track female health during fertility. There is so much more to female health than just periods.  This is very disappointing that you would reduce female health to ages 15-45.  What about our health pre and post menopause?  

Best Answer

You are right on that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

well it helps me keep track of all my fitness regimes during my menstrual dayshttps://canlimacizle.red/    https://vidmateapp.win/ 

Best Answer

You are right on that and it helps me do my steps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Female health" concerns affect a large portion of your users and I feel a concerning lack of interest in such a basic, common need.

The functionality is rudimentary compared to other health metric tracking in fitbit, and it seems like every idea for improving it is rejected. I feel like it's only included to check an inclusivity box, and no real thought has gone into making it useful. 

Best Answer

🙂

I love working out with my body because it help me. 

Best Answer

I would like to hear from @YojanaFitbit, who keeps moving posts about the topic to a locked thread, where users cannot fully discuss their needs and experiences.

Their most recent comment in this idea graveyard said that a feature *both* already exists and isn't on the road map for development. Which is it? This clearly canned response makes me think we are not being listened to. 

If it somehow seems to Fitbit that users are not interested in this functionality, the lack of activity is because you are silencing us by shutting down conversations on this topic. 

Best Answer

Hi @SheKeepsFalling - which locked thread/idea are you referring to? There are multiple ones for female health tracking/pregnancy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! The lack of support for female health tracking is appalling!!! Issue after issue not addressed and continually dismissed.

Best Answer

@LizardQueen I'm talking about the locked feature suggestion thread that I keep getting notifications on, when the admins dump posts there to die. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Expand-Birth-Control-Tracking-Add-reminders-appl...

Best Answer