Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My periods randomly change

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The female health tracker was working fine for a long time. It still initially will fairly-accurately predict period dates for a certain month. And I'll leave it at that. But then a week later it will suddenly change the dates to a different week from the initially correct week. And I'm not changing anything. What gives?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there @IndyAmy, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this situation. 

While in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

Additionally, I'd recommend to take a look at the help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

Give this a go and let me know if this works. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there @IndyAmy, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this situation. 

While in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

Additionally, I'd recommend to take a look at the help article: How do I use the Fitbit app to track my period?

Give this a go and let me know if this works. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello

These irregular periods can be a symptom of conditions such as endometriosis and PCOS. And if this happens for at least three periods in a row, that means you need to talk to your doctor about it. ... But, in general, a period that stops and starts every once in a while is a totally normal (albeit annoying) occurrence.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me, too. When I start my period, I go in and update the start date if it isn't accurate. And then maybe a week later, I will go back in because I always forget to change the length of my cycle and the start date will be randomly moved. Sucks when you depend on the app and it starts malfunctioning. This just started happening about 3 months ago! 

Best Answer

The app is doing the same for me. I'm usually regular, but going peri-menopausal, so I really want to track the changing trend. 

If the prediction is correct, I generally leave it, but then sometimes find (although not always) that the app moves the start date. Similarly,  if its not correct, and I edit, then some times it'll stay and others it'll change by itself.

Of course, I only go back to it the next month and will either discover that the previous month's log has changed or not. Sometimes I'll remember the date, but not having to remember the dates is the whole point of logging! I've got one month where the app decided to leave 45 days between periods, and of course I can't remember what happened when (but not that!) and it throws out all the stats.

It strikes me that this is one aspect of the app that really needs some work to stabilise it. Perhaps even having a "predicted" in light pink that the app can fuss around with and an "actual logged" period that the user can set in stone.

Best Answer