Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Fix of Predicted Periods

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay....!
Period tracking.
Works when it wants, doesnt most of the time - as ive learned from reading threads on this forum.

I noticed a lot of users have issues with their period tracking and recieve the whole copy pasted --- uninstall, turn off blue tooth, reinstall, turn on blue tooth, shake your phone a little, maybe throw it across the room, buy new phone, turn on blue tooth, install fitbit app again doesnt seem to solve our problems does it ????......

Okay so....
I seem to have the same issue a lot of people have - cycle lengths double of what's input, period predictions skipping monthly.....

I looked at my trends and the length of cycles were anywhere between 102 to 24 days .... so I checked all period information and realized okay something is messed up here. My app still shows information logged from my Fitbit Zip - so in other words once or twice and then never looked at it again from back in 2017. SO it looks like the app is "predicting" my period based off of previously logged information from back in 2017 when I logged my period like twice. Recently got a versa and got more interested in logging data so information is much more current for the last 12months or so .....

So anyway..... I guess if you're having trouble with Fitbit app skipping months or cycle length being incorrect .......... go in and delete each period individually. The app is making predictions based on allllllllll information that had been input, apparently even saying "yes this is correct", ever, when predicting.

The app is now showing predicted periods, 28 day cycle, predicted ovulation etc correctly now.... but who knows in months to come .... and who knows with app notifications - those are still probably out of whack as far as I know .....

But for a quick fix to just predict periods"

Delete previously logged data 🤷‍:female_sign: --- find red period days in calendar - hold down on dates - DELETE

I had a hard time finding a solid answer for this so I hope this helps someone along the way until fitbit can fix the issue 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @Marbie, let me give you a warm welcome to our community.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I really appreciate the time you took to read comments related to the issue that you're having with your period cycle. The steps that you've found on other threads have helped other users, sorry it didn't work for you. We're trying to improve our products and features so you can enjoy our Fitbit app.

Please keep logging your periods since the Fitbit app will use this information for future predictions. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

I'll be around in case that you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @Marbie, let me give you a warm welcome to our community.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I really appreciate the time you took to read comments related to the issue that you're having with your period cycle. The steps that you've found on other threads have helped other users, sorry it didn't work for you. We're trying to improve our products and features so you can enjoy our Fitbit app.

Please keep logging your periods since the Fitbit app will use this information for future predictions. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

I'll be around in case that you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my gosh! This worked!! I was an inconsistent tracker also. It appears that since I skipped tracking some months, the Versa overrode my 28 days and put it at the averaged days between my tracked periods - 56. When I went in and deleted all of the randomly tracked periods, it changed it to my entered 28 days. 

For everyone who is getting the copy/paste answer from moderation - try this instead if you are a random tracker -- Go back and delete all randomly tracked periods. Only leave those periods from the last few months that are consistently tracked. For me, this means that I only left my last period. It then changed to 28 days, because it didn't have all kinds of random data to average.

Thank you, @Marbie!!!

Best Answer