Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Tracked periods were deleted (Android)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/25/19

Hi, everyone!

Today we have released the Fitbit for Android app version - 2.88 to all users. This app version contains the fix for period data being deleted. Please update to this version as soon as you can.

In addition, I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating to this new app version. We hope this sets you all back on track and we're super thankful for your patience while this was investigated.

Now that a fix has been released, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you come across this issue in the future or have any new issue to report we ask that you create a new topic to let us know.

Fitbit Update: 1/22/19

Hey all!

We've noticed this issue has re-emerged this month. Thanks for those who have reported on here and contributed to this thread. The problem has been escalated for investigation. 

We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/18

Hi everyone!

A new version of the Fitbit Android app (2.82) was released yesterday to 10% of Android users that should resolve this issue. We anticipate it will roll out to 100% soon. If you haven't received the update yet, please stay tuned. Thanks again for your patience and reports!

Fitbit Update: 10/12/18

Hey folks! 

Our team is still investigating the root cause of this issue. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and are working towards a long-term resolution. I really appreciate everyone's feedback and reports. I'll keep you all updated when more information is available. 

Fitbit Update: 7/12/18

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for jumping in here to report your Female health data has disappeared in the Fitbit for Android app. Our team is aware of the issue and will investigate the cause. I noticed many more reports of this coming in starting yesterday 7/11. 

When I have more information or updates, I'll announce them here. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
210 REPLIES 210

@YojanaFitbitI've just seen that you've replied to another message from a user who says her period data isn't being saved, to say that this issue has recently recurred. I want to be very clear here: for me, this issue has never credibly gone away. There have just been huge swathes of the last several months where I couldn't be bothered to waste my time enough to re-engage with it. I started using the female health tracking not long after it was launched, and at no time has it ever worked reliably for me. I have never managed to get it to work more than a few weeks before it has deleted all my data, reset itself and is treating me as if I have never used it. I kept subscribed to this thread as every now and again I'd read the emails when new responses were added and it would make me cross again. Only recently I decided to come on here and alert the poor people who think that reinstalling the app has resolved their issues that they are likely to be wasting their time.

What we need on here is more transparency about the process that is being gone through to identify a fix. Most particularly we *deserve* a response on how it is our data has been lost. There are some heartbreaking posts on here from women who really needed that data, which was entrusted to Fitbit - which then lost it. Does anyone from Fitbit actually demonstrate an understanding of how serious that is? No, not a bit of it. I just don't understand how the data can be wiped like that. It's bad enough not having access to it for a while, and having to track manually for a bit whilst a fix is being identified and applied. But this is literally Fitbit wiping women's data and then forcing them to start all over again. And this is sensitive medical data.

I really am infuriated by the cavalier attitude. I'm very tempted to make a subject access request to Fitbit and demand the knowledge of all the data Fitbit has on me. to understand whether it has this health data or not. And if it does, why it isn't giving me access to it in the usual way.

The fact that all we're hearing is "it's been reported" and now "it's been escalated" with no actual credible statements from the people working on it, recognising all of the above is truly shocking. Let's just say this: whoever is the Fitbit product owner for this feature should be ashamed of themselves.

Again: it's not the moderators I am angry with - they can only act with what they've got. It's the shameful treatment of female customers by Fitbit as a whole that has me massively angry.

I work in a regulated environment. If we treated our customers' data as cavalierly as this we'd be out of business - and most of the data we hold is nowhere near as sensitive as this it. 

Best Answer
I retweeted a tweet about this and was immediately engaged by Fitbit
support who told me to uninstall and reinstall. I told them others had done
that to no avail and they said "though this is not the solution you had
hoped for, it is our method of troubleshooting." I've had this problem on
two different phones and now in two different countries of residence, so I
am not going to keep trusting that part if the app. They're not even
reading anything in this forum and the moderators are just here to appease.
The support team on Twitter acts completely clueless about this being an
ongoing issue so I have a hard time believing this has been escalated
anywhere. We are not their guinea pigs and they should have their testers
and developers help them figure out the issue. As I said in Twitter, I'm
moving on to a basic tracker app. I liked the convenience, but it just
isn't worth it.
Best Answer

uninstalling and reinstalling - troubleshooting is the one thing that absolutely is not! it will fix many things and has even sometimes fixed this temporarily but what it isn't doing is troubleshooting anything! it's the nuclear option workaround . Unacceptable in general as such a hassle but particularly in this case since data is lost and not restored.

Not surprised to hear about a quick response on Twitter - equally unsurprised at this point to hear it waa not a meaningful one.

Best Answer

"Not happening with all users"

This isn't intended to sound argumentative so please forgive any "tone" in the question.  But are you actually saying there are positive reviews from Fitbit users who are able to track cycles and whose data isn't spontaneously deleting? Or it really just isn't happening with "all users" because not everyone who has a Fitbit tries to use this feature? LOL

Bless your heart for moderating this thread.  None of us is happy, and unfortunately, our frustration is justified.

Best Answer
I havent seen any positive comments on this thread.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so glad that I'm not the only one - I genuinely thought I was going insane!

I have lost all my data from the last year. I rely heavily on this data as I suffer with hormone imbalances. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work.

Can we please have some indication when this might be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Glencky @Renewal40 @DodoMitchell @Nannette91903 @CollyBird88 Hello, to all of you. Thanks so much for your participation on this thread. We really appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns on this issue. We're very sorry for the inconveniences this bug has caused to all of you. It is very unfortunate that it has been ongoing for the Fitbit for Android app, but rest assured this whole time our team has been investigating and working on a permanent resolution. 

With this next Fitbit for Android app update, version 2.88 this bug should be resolved. With that being said I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating. This app version is still being rolled out to Android users but you can expect to have it available soon. Once you see the app update in the Google Play store please update! After updating, please let me know if there are still any issues with data being deleted. 

Thanks again for your patience and we are here if you have any questions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit  thanks for the update. What I'm about to say next is not aimed at you personally, but at Fitbit the company.

This is a wholly inadequate response.

Our medical data has been lost - where is the sincere and credible apology for this? ('sorry for any inconvenience' doesn't come close to being adequate). Where is the explanation as to why and how the data can be lost? I have no idea about regulations in the US, but I do know that in Europe the General Data Protection Regulations make this a notifiable data breach. Has this been notified by Fitbit? Is Fitbit following regulations here? Leaving aside the regulations, is Fitbit treating its customers as it would like to be treated?

I have never seen any sign whatsoever that Fitbit takes its responsibilities seriously in this. If it did, somebody more senior in the company would make a credible, detailed and sincere update and apology and a more detailed update that tells us why we should trust that this really is the fix that will make the functionality work and stop us from losing our sensitive medical data again. Not one single thing I have seen does this.

For shame, Fitbit. For shame.

Best Answer

So how many months after updating should we input before it suddenly wipes data again?  Amazing there is a solution now when Fitbit support on Twitter was still trouble shooting just last week and acted like they had no idea there was an issue at all.  I've lost my data three times over the last year and a half, using an Alta HR and a Versa, different phones and now in different countries.  I dont trust this app to work and I strongly suggest anyone who truly needs this information to find a different tracking app.  There are several out there. I know you lose the convenience of one app for everything, but it just isnt worth losing everything again.  

Best Answer

@Glencky Thanks for following up. To better address your concerns, I would love to connect you with our Customer Support team. Please keep an eye out for an email from our team and we'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

@Renewal40 I'm sorry to hear you experienced this bug on multiple occasions. Our team has been investigating and working to release a fix. That fix has now been released on the Fitbit for Android app version 2.88. Please update to this version and let me know if you're still having any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 2/25/19

Hi, everyone!

Today we have released the Fitbit for Android app version - 2.88 to all users. This app version contains the fix for period data being deleted. Please update to this version as soon as you can.

In addition, I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating to this new app version. We hope this sets you all back on track and we're super thankful for your patience while this was investigated.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.  

Best Answer
0 Votes