Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you living or just surviving?

With the changes that the pandemic brought us, many or almost all of us had to adapt and adopt a different lifestyle, which made us fall into a routine. Days were based on eating, working and sleeping, and this made me think, am I living or surviving?

If you just perform the simple actions to not die, You are surviving and you are not appreciating the beautiful gift of living. Because of this I decided to make some changes in my life. Now I try to spend more time with my family and organized my time to be more active and do the things that I love.

I have some pets so I really enjoy playing with them. I love nature and it makes me appreciate the little things in life that have great value.

So stop thinking and share with us: How has your life changed in the last two years? How many times?

unnamed.jpg

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @CindyMFitbit. Well, your post just made me think...

I used to do more things before pandemic, after that, I only survive during my working days. I was talking with someone and told him that I'm like a zombie: wake up, work, eat, shower, work, a little tv, sleep and repeat. I spend quality time with my loved ones on my rest days but I should focus on living a little more. 

By the way, your dog is so cute. 😀

Take care. 

Best Answer

Hi, your question is a food for thought, this past year made me realized the importance of  association

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit You got it! it's exactly how I was feeling, like a zombie. 😅 I used to do the same exact things every single day. I hope you find more options to take advantage of your time. Take care! 

@marshallmoore There are a lot of things that we don't take in consideration, but at the end they matter, and the purpose of this should be able to maximize our time. Cheers!

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

HEY!

So I am a mummy to 3 kids and a dog!🐕

lock down was epic and then mental.

unfortuently, i lost my science job.

then i got pregnant! then i became disabled for 4 months.

fortuently, my health is on the mend and im getting active slowly. but this helped me go after what i have always wanted.... so i set up my own life coaching business and now i help mums (and dads) world wide with their mindset.

to be more present with their kids, boss their business and live their life the way that they want to.

this has filled me up so much.

i hope you are all inspired to follow your dreams whatever they be!

if i can do it, so can you!

lets smash it👊

Best Answer

Your comments really motivate me @Laurenselby, the way you saw an opportunity within the difficulties that you were going through, is something that we should apply in our lives.

As you have mentioned, we should continue working to achieve our dreams and I hope you get better at all.

Have a nice day! 😉

Best Answer

I think any huge change can lead us down a path of single minded survival. I was very lucky that during the lockdown, I had my family home and my two pups. Even though we were home, we entertained ourselves as best we could and as soon as things began opening up we left the couches. My son went out and got a job since help was hard to find. My daughter spent time with a small group of friends in places we knew for certain were safe for her and hubs and I saw our friends every weekend in places we knew were safe. We also started to entertain at home because I am a germ a phobe to begin with so constant disinfecting was nothing new for me. My lesson learned that even when things are the most not normal, find things that remind you of normal and do them. I will say, I have one bad habit as a result of couch time and that is drinking more than I did pre covid. Pre I would only indulge on Friday and Saturday evening with very few exceptions. Now Sunday night is in the mix as well. It doesn't feel like an issue, but I think it is and I will be working on it in the coming months 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of us were lucky to have our loved ones close by and be able to survive all this, and I think that over time we have learned to adapt and do things that make us feel good, even though we still do not have the freedom that we had before.

If we are aware of the habits that we have and as long as we have the control of them everything is fine. 

Have a nice day and thank for sharing your experience @emili.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Feeling a bit down. Fell two weeks ago and fractured my ankle and have compression fractures at c7/t1 in my neck. Lucky to be able to get around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear about that incident @Bobrann. I hope you get better very soon and you can find ways to distract yourself 🙂

Take care! 

Best Answer
thanks
Best Answer

Really this pandemic made us to change whole habits in whole process of living. Hope just God will help us to pass this as well.

More on open space is great idea plus hanging with animals to reduce anxiety is great way to pass quality time and most of that time is fun.

I pass time with my cat Friday who gain weight in last 7 months as well ,so both we are shaking.

My Cat

Best Answer
0 Votes

@weighmedown I'm so glad you could keep your little friends. Thanks for adding that picture, the look adorable.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have now fully recovered but gained 20 pounds in the process. I'm starting over with 40 pounds to lose instead of 20. Furthermore, I'm alive to do so, it's time to celebrate. Thanks again for your response.

Best Answer