Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come Say Hi And Introduce Yourself (January 2022)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

With a New Year brings new friends!  Let me just say welcome to our new members and welcome back for our older members.  My name is Kristen and I am a member of the Community Council, so you'll see me around the boards.

For those of you who are not familiar with how we do things here, every month we have an ice breaker thread called "Introduce Yourself".  It's completely voluntary and there's only a few basic questions.  I'll start:

Name: Kristen

Home Country: USA

What was your favorite holiday present?  That's a hard one: I love Baby Yoda and got a stuffed Baby Yoda, Baby Yoda Throw, and a Baby Yoda light up lamp.  I also love technology and got my very first set of wireless earbuds!

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?  Still working on that!

What's your favorite movie? This may sound corny, but I LOVE "Casablanca"!

What was your favorite vacation?  Mine was to Europe for my parent's 20th wedding anniversary (they've since been married 40 years).  They decided to take me and my sister on a cruise out of Rome and heading to Ephasis, Turkey, Athens, and Santorini.  We spent 3 days in Rome before the cruise and 3 days in London on the way back!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Name: Christine

What was your favorite holiday present?  As crazy as it sounds, my oak pantry was my favorite holiday present.

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?  No, resolutions

What's your favorite movie? I am a Harry Potter fan!

What was your favorite vacation?  My favorite vacation was the trip we took to Florida last year at Christmas.  

Best Answer

Hi everyone

My name is Helen (Or Nelly) and I am Australian.

My favourite Christmas present was an old rusty iron lamp holder for my garden. It is lovely 😁

No New Year's resolutions. I don't really do them. If I want to make a change in my life I do it when it occurs to me. 

I don't really do movies. I probably haven't watched one for 20 years. But my favourite book is probably  The Road, by Cormac McCarthy. But I have a lot of favourite books!

My favourite vacation was a trip to China with my husband in 2002. I love China.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@LosingChris I LOVE "Harry Potter" too! I've read all the books, including "Harry Potter And The Cursed Child" (script for Broadway, so not technically part of the series), seen all the movies (including the "Fantastic Beasts" series), and I even put my own spin on "Harry Potter" for Halloween!

IMG_20191030_204834804.jpg

 The shirt even says "I Solemly Swear That I Am Up To No Good!"

Best Answer
I have “I solemnly swear I am up to no good” on my right shoulder and the
deathly hallows on my left shoulder.
Best Answer

Hi,

Name: Rhonda

Home Country:  Australia

My favourite Christmas present was a pack and gloves for mountainbiking.

I have no New Year's resolutions.  I'd prefer to be spontaneous at this stage of life!

I have so many "favourite" movies, within the last year The Courier, The Gentlemen, My Octopus Teacher ....

My favourite vacation was my first time to South America, three years ago.  For two months, my husband and I travelled through Peru, walked the 4 day Inca Trail, caught a bus to Lake Titicaca, drove through Bolivia for a week seeing the salt desert, discovered Argentina and Chile and did some fantastic walks through Patagonia ....absolutely gob-smacking!

Best Answer

Hello everyone,

Name: Annie

Home country: Greece

What was your favorite holiday present? A pair of earrings.

Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? I want to take care of myself, have fun and travel.

Favorite movie: Emma

My favorite vacation: I had a lovely time in Amsterdam and Rotterdam with my family this August. 

Best Answer

Name: Zoë

Home Country: U.K

What was your favourite holiday present?  Being home.

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?  Not this year. 

What's your favourite movie? Too hard to choose!

What was your favourite vacation? I have travelled but to be honest every day is an exciting adventure! 

Best Answer

I'm Red from the Philippines

I received a lapel mic this year from our studio secretary and these little things make you realize who are the people who are observant and know what you need. It's very useful in my work and I use it every day since. 🙂

This is the first time I have never thought of any new year's resolution. I will think of a manageable list (3 at least). 🙂

I love movies that I can't name a favorite from the bond series to the Christmas story. I'll just mention movies I watched recently that I liked. "The Intern" (with Robert de Niro & Anne Hathaway) & "Extraction" (with Chris Hemsworth) from Netflix. Every night is movie night at home now since the pandemic. We do movie marathons during the weekends as a pastime while we are in community quarantine.

I always loved going to the mountains. Simple family hiking (not too challenging). My husband always has a great new idea (location spot) that we would try. When I 1st received a Fitbit challenge, I declined thinking it was an actual hike and because I cannot travel. when I was told it's actually is virtual, I got excited and accepted every challenge including the Bingo thing. hahaha.

Best Answer

@aznif Greece is such a beautiful country! My family and I went to Santorini and Athens on our favorite family vacation!

Best Answer

Name: Sheldran

Favorite holiday gift? Spending time with my family, sleeping past 6:00 AM

Favorite Movie? Bridges of Madison County

Favorite Vacation: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

Best Answer

Hi My name is Ursula I live in Georgia! I have the Aspire 2 and another fitbit that I use to stay on track of my steps. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I'm an "oldie" to Fitbit, went to Apple Watch for a few years and now back to Fitbit. I'm waiting for my new Fitbit to arrive on Monday. 🙂 

Name: Brandy

What was your favorite holiday present?  My fleece blanket!

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?  To get back to where I was in 2013...healthy and at a healthy weight. 

What's your favorite movie? 9 to 5

What was your favorite vacation?  To Port Aransas, Texas when I turned 40

Best Answer

arpan at taj nov 21.jpegNov 2021 at the Taj MahalNov 2021 at the Taj Mahal

Hi Everyone

arpan at taj nov 21.jpeg This is Dr.Gandhi,am based in India. Have been using Fitbit devices for the last 8 years, probably one of the first ones to do so in this part of the world.

It has made me fitter for sure, be happier at work while treating patients, calmer at home, and also been able to inspire many people to be fitter over time. The challenges and many friends that i Iave made here without ever meeting them have been the icing on the cake.

Would love to hear from you all.

Stay Safe 

Namaste 

The pics are from 2 months ago at the TAJ MAHAL .

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

I just posted along with two pics.Great idea DramaQueenDiva--Kirsten  !

Namaste 

Dr.Gandhi.

India

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer
0 Votes

Name: Samantha

What was your favorite holiday present?  This is tough, id have to say my LOVE sign my son made me with pictures of him and i throughout the years. 

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?  I dont believe in them. They set your mind up for failure

What's your favorite movie? Just one?! YIKES...Jurassic Park

What was your favorite vacation?  South Carolina 2 years ago, and spent 2 weeks with my son before we road tripped home! Best time of our lives

Best Answer

Name: Bob

What was your favorite holiday present?  My wife and I had a big year in 2021 between moving and our daughter's wedding and buying a new car.  So we kept the holiday presents very simple.  My wife got an Apple Watch for Christmas.  I "inherited" her FItbit Versa.  I'm finding that the Fitbit Versa more than meets my needs.  No Apple Watch for me.

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions?  Not really other than to continue my efforts on health and wellness.

What's your favorite movie? The Godfather and The Godfather II

What was your favorite vacation?  My favorite vacation was our family trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe in 2011.  It was truly a trip of my lifetime.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @LewesBob ! Nice to see you here. Which feature do you like best about the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome, @SamanthaN85 ! Those homemade presents are the best! My “babies” are 47 and 50 but I still have many of their homemade moments in my den. I vacationed once in SC. Love their BBQ.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @autumnpath and nice to see you here! Which Fitbit did you get? Let us know if you need any help setting it up. 

Best Answer