Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come say hello & introduce yourself! (Dec 2021)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone.

This is a new 'Lets say Hi' thread. Whether you are a long time Fitbit User or a brand new one, say Hi and introduce yourselves and tell us a bit about you.

If you can't think of anything to tell us, try these questions:

• What is your favourite Fitbit?
  • What is your favourite exercise or Activity?
  • What is your main goal in using your Fitbit? 
  • What is your biggest wish from Fitbit?

I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Right I'll go first! 

My favourite Fitbit is the Sense. It has Fitbit Pay (which I love), in spite of being quite large it wraps around my thin wrist nicely, the screen is great and can be seen in all lights and you can choose a clock face that really works for you! What's not to like?

The activity that I like most is Ballroom Dancing. It is great for keeping me fit and flexible and is lots of fun

My main goal is to keep fit and active. The starts Fitbit provides helps me do this.

My biggest wish from Fitbit is a tracker with a great screen that can be seen in full sun, with Fitbit Pay and in a small size (ie not a full smart watch size). I might be wishing for something impossible, but someday maybe! 😂

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Me next!

I have been using Fitbit devices for some time and my favorite would have to be the Versa series. I love having a large display to see all my data and all the fun clockfaces are def a plus. 

My current favorite exercise is spinning! I just love listening to great tunes throughout a class and pedaling as fast as I can. Really helps me release energy and stress. 🙂

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit Spinning! It is a great activity but I find it a bit boring. Music is an excellent idea!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

My favorite right now is the Charge 5. I've only had it about a month, but I'm really enjoying it. 

I love to run, but I live in a place with lots of cold weather. Running outdoors isn't always an option, so skiing is my second favorite activity. 

I enjoy doing challenges with friends all over the world. We all have our own goals and abilities, so we don't really compete against one another. We just enjoy staying active together. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Hey @alexthecat  I DO agree that having your own goals is so important. Someone else's goals don't necessarily work for you. That's one reason I like THIS THREAD   in Get Moving, where we all set our own goals and try to meet them!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

This is the first day Ive used Fitbit and have spent this afternoon toying with the features of my new Versa 2, chosen for its scale, clean design and range of features.

Im a seasoned gym goer and practising trainer in New Zealand and hope to utilise the information Fitbit gives me on heart rate, blood oxygenation and sleep quality insights, to improve how I spend my time and energy.

My wish from Fitbit would be the incorpration of a weights programme tracker, so I can enter weightlifting and Crossfit exercises with sets and reps directly into the app to track strength gains, PB's and fitness progression. (Please let me know if this is already a thing! 😅)

Best Answer

Hi @nickpt welcome to the Fitbit Community. As far as I am aware, there isn’t any way to record what you want in the app, sadly. It seems like a very good idea to me. What you could do though is put a Feature Suggestion in THIS Forum. The more votes it gets the more likely it is to happen.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hello! My name is Jean and I am a parent to five kiddos, three cats, and a dog. I am in my early 30's, from Minnesota, and morbidly obese. New to the FitBit scene (got the watch last Wednesday) and am very happy with it so far. I have it synced to my Cronometer and WayBetter apps! 

I can't wait to see everything and get the chance to chat with all of you. 

I have my Inspire 2 and I am loving it! It's my first and I am very happy to have it. I'm normally against having anything on my wrist, but with how thin and small the design is I don't mind it at all. 

I happen to play a lot of BeatSaber! I play on Expert/Expert+ and depending on the genre of songs I am playing on, the FitBit either tags it as Aerobic or Elliptical exercising, haha! Once spring and summer come back I am definitely getting a new bike to go cycling!

I am using it to build better lifestyle habits for myself. I love the little prompts to at least do a number of steps each hour so even on my off days I will move about!

• What is your biggest wish from Fitbit?

I'm not sure, honestly. I'm new to this scene and very happy so far. I got it because I wanted to do the WayBetter fitness challenges and needed a fitness tracker that would sync. FitBit stood out to me for sure!

Best Answer

Hi @ChandlerJay Welcome - great to see you here. I have never heard of BeatSabre! What does it involve?

The Inspire 2 is a great little tracker. Enjoy it!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

To ChandlerJay, I like your post.  I had to do a search on the WayBetter fitness challenges and BeatSaber.  I had no idea these were going on out there so I will have to try them out.  It sounds like a lot of fun and I love challenges.  Thanks and good luck on your fitness goals!

Best Answer

Hi! I have been using a Fitbit since 2015.  I started with the 'Flex' and fell in love with it and everything Fitbit.  When I wore it out, I upgraded to the 'Charge', then the 'Charge HR'.  After that I tried out the 'Inspire' but found it didn't have some of the features that I loved. It still is a great fitness tracker (I bought one for each of my teens).  Next, I tried the Versa and absolutely loved the features like a color screen plus all the extra goodies it came with.  I was surprised that it didn't track floors so I gave that to a friend and I upgraded to the Versa 2.  There is so many features I haven't explored yet.   

My goal is to utilize the food logging feature to help me keep under my daily caloric limit in order to lose some weight.

I recently joined a fitness challenge where you track your fitness activity (run, walk, swim, canoe/paddle and/or bike).  Currently, there is not a way to track paddling as a fitness option so that is what I would wish Fitbit would add in the features: gps tracking while out on the water with a SUP.  

Best Answer

That is a good suggestion @StefUberTramp . It would be good to track water activities like canoeing with GPS. And welcome to this thread. My first tracker was a Flex 2 and I really loved that tracker!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Thank you for the welcome! Happy to be here.

Beat Saber is a virtual reality rhythm game where takes place in a surrealistic neon environment and features the player slicing blocks representing musical beats with a pair of contrasting-colored sabers. Think of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution), but with the arms. You end up having to dodge walls, bombs and obstacles while keeping in rhythm, too. Lots of lunges and squats while playing when you find the right songs.

A lot of companies have made subscription based fitness games inspired by it. Supernatural VR is one of them. 

Best Answer

Oh wow, that sounds fantastic @ChandlerJay  Thanks for the info 🙂

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hello Nelly

Not sure I am doing this right but just wanted to introduce myself. If I am in the wrong place, sorry, I am old and not used to technology and social media!

I just bought a Versa 3 and so far I am really enjoying it. I find that I need motivation to get moving sometimes and I like gentle prodding I get from the Versa. Also the Versa helps me keep an eye on the general state of my health, both physical and mental. Because I am on my own and seventy I find this important right now. Just because I am older doesn't mean I want to sit at home recalling what I used to do! I want to get out and do new things while I am still able!! 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner You are in exactly the right place to say hello. The Versa 3 is a great watch, isn't it? I am almost 70 and single and I also want to keep active and fit and try new things. Good on you for getting out there 🙂

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi Nelly. Thanks for your reply. I am having a lot of fun with the Versa and it keeps my aging noggin active trying to figure our how all the tools in that watch work. Nice to know there is someone else who feels the same way about keeping active despite challenges of getting older! Take care 😊

Best Answer

Hi! I've had a couple of Fitbit trackers, and have loved them all. I have the newer Sense, and it's my favorite because of all of it's features. I wish it were a little smaller, or sleeker though.
My favorite exercise is walking. My favorite activity is riding my Can-Am Spyder RTL (three wheel) motorcycle.
I guess my main goal for my Fitbit is tracking my steps. It keeps me aware of my movement and encourages me to keep improving.
I have rheumatoid arthritis, and movement and flexibility are very important.
I'm new to community involvement. I'm not very computer savvy...

Best Answer

Hi @RosyLeah The Sense is great, isn't it? Though I'd like a smaller version too!

Community Council Member

Best Answer