Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate/Active minutes

ANSWERED

Heh there. I’m keen on monitoring my active minutes via my Versa 3. I had the strangest experience yesterday whilst on a 2 hour Zoom call. My heart rate must have zoomed up as I collected 99 active zone minutes! No feelings of pain or anything. My fitness is a bit below where I want it to be but I’m not bad for a 62 year old. 

Anybody had this? My only explanation is stress (I was writing furiously throughout as I was taking the notes) and Diet Coke!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I find the more animated I am in the discussion, the higher my HR is during work meetings. Diet coke is for sure a contributor. I do think the prolonged HR for 99 active minutes may have been a glitch. I can see maybe 15, 20..99 seems a bit much, but depending on the discussion and your note taking, maybe. Check your stats on other calls that are going to happen and see if you have a similar experience. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

For a high stress call, your experience doesn't sound terribly unusual; especially for those of us of a "certain age" (I'm a couple years older than you).

I just looked at a few Zoom meetings I've had over the last couple of weeks and see a similar result, my typical "working" (I have a desk job) RHR is in the mid 40s, however, it looks like I typically bump up into the low to mid 80s for at least a portion of every call, and I did find one call two weeks ago where I hit 97.

Best Answer

I find the more animated I am in the discussion, the higher my HR is during work meetings. Diet coke is for sure a contributor. I do think the prolonged HR for 99 active minutes may have been a glitch. I can see maybe 15, 20..99 seems a bit much, but depending on the discussion and your note taking, maybe. Check your stats on other calls that are going to happen and see if you have a similar experience. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Yes of a certain age!

Best Answer

Thanks Emili. Makes sense. 

Best Answer
0 Votes