Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Friends needed

Hello all. I am not new to FitBit, but no longer have any friends on FitBit and one co-worker. Attempting to motivate myself to get this weight off, but to also motivate others.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

HI, we can encourage each other. Most days I do some walking but working at home keeps me busy. I did not like my weight so I made a mental list I will not bring in the house any more no matter how good the snack sale is. Not sure that works for anybody else

Best Answer

Hi, I'm Dan and I need to make some friends to keep me motivated.

Current daily average steps is around +20k.

Best Answer

added you as a friend. Though I think you will be motivating me more than I will be you! Your daily steps makes my whimpy 7k look like a walk around the house 🤣

Best Answer
Hello Dan, Glad to encourage and help you stay on track because that is
what helps me. My goal is to focus on being healthy mentally and
physically. Our bodies are not on loan. We need to take care of what we
have. That being said I look forward to sharing successes and smiles along
the way. Lets do this!!!!😎
Best Answer

Hi Cate, I'm in the same boat. I used to have tons of friends and family on Fitbit but none of them use it anymore. I'm also trying to make some friends here on Fitbit to help inspire. 

Best Answer

Hi. I am new to fitbit and would like to be your friend.  I think having a friend will help to keep me motivated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, welcome to getting fit and having fun along the way😎. I enjoy
encouraging people because that is what I need to keep me on track. I say
our bodies are not loaner what we have is it so let's make it healthy to
last us a while.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please feel free to friend me!  I moved to America 4 years ago and proceeded to put on 50 lbs!  I've lost so much muscle mass and I always feel crummy, so I am losing the excess and then keeping it off, but motivational help is so important!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, glad to "meet" you. I like encouraging people because it helps keep me
on track. Looking forward to cheering each other along the healthy road.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Nice to meet you.  Getting encouragement gave me the motivation to get out and start walking again today.  I am trying a meal delivery service to try some healthy meals and looking up recipes so I can cook healthier meals.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cool let me know how that works for you. That is awesome that you have
chosen to take care of your body, remember this is not a loner so we need
to make the best of it whatever that means for you. Looking forward to
encouraging you cause I need it too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey would like to be friends. I need encouragement to stay focused and
work on my goals.
Best Answer

I friended you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cate,

I need some motivation too. I was looking for an accountability/motivation buddy a few months ago, but in the end I was the only one in the group communicating. My problem is that the Android app has a flaw that doesn't allow me to see or make Friend requests on my phone. Does anyone know whether there is a work around for this, eg. via the computer Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! I have sent friend requests when I sign into FitBit online through the web. I haven’t been able to friend request through the app. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Have you put things in motion for you? It sounds like you will be able to line things up to meet your need. Listen to your body, it is a great teacher. Can't wait to hear your successes. Remember success can be your body saying sit still or don't push me right now. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Friends request sent ~ 🙂  Most of my friends stopped using their Fit Bit and I need some motivation to get back into running!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Thoenix ~ I sent you a friends request too so we can motivate each other 🙂 I have about 90 pounds to lose.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm here if you need a someone to talk with or shred weight with.  My current motivation is that at my age, this excessive weight I have is going to destroy my health.  I already have been through numerous heart attacks and have other health issues being impacted by my obesity. 

It's time for a change and the more friends the merrier!

Clayton

Clayton Mattatall
Best Answer
0 Votes