Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is not a dating app!

ANSWERED

I keep getting requests to add people (men) and then I get "I'm drawn to you cosmically" and "Let's chat on another app!" I've blocked these guys, but now I won't add anyone for fear of the same thing.  How can I add people without getting weirdos? 

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86
So true! I wanted to use it as an encouragement to work out, lose weight and support each other and new that is ruined. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Ronald, people on fitbit are generally not interested in dating someone through this app. You'll have much  better luck on an actual dating website where the point is to date. Sending unsolicited requests for romance comes across as creepy in the wrong setting (which fitbit is).

Best Answer

I don't mind getting friend requests from random strangers if all they want is someone to step challenge, but when they then send messages like 'hey sexy' etc, instant unfriend 

Best Answer
0 Votes

making random friends all around the world is nice, helps those especially those that are house bound for whatever reason get more friends to workout with, but those types of messages..... it is like twitter/facebook all over again with random friend requests, but without the sick pictures......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Six women, at least I suppose they were women, sent friend requests to me over the past week.

Each of them hit on me. I'm 68 years old; hardly a chick magnet.

So I ignore them or if necessary I block them. I don't understand what's the big deal. It's the Internet, after all. If anyone thinks that because it is Fitbit and not Twitter and so it's not going to happen that's just foolish.

Best Answer

Easier for them to use Facebook and Twitter

you never know, they maybe in their 60’s as well 😉

Best Answer

I started connecting with the community to improve my life and have healthy support from like minded people. I stead I met someone that said he was looking for a wife on her then asked for money. No way this is the fault of Fitbit. Watch out for red herrings. 

Best Answer

@chrisl1628 

"you never know, they maybe in their 60’s as well"

If the photos they send are women in their 60s then I have certainly been living a sheltered existence...🤔

Regardless; it's not even a petty annoyance.

Best Answer

We are here to encourage each other to be our best whatever. The pep talk I share with you I am using on myself. Unless there is a group meeting on the parkway, there is a 90% I will never meet the people I encourage and for me that's fine. As long as we can send a smile with a 
you got this!!" note. I need that from time to time. Your bank and your bedroom are not part  of the conversation.

Hang in there from a  fellow 60+ gray hair 

Best Answer

You tell them kiddo!

One guy said he joined because that is where his friend met his wife. Nothing is impossible, but I agree with you there are tons of focused dating apps. We are here to encourage healthier living. At least that is what I think. 

Best Answer
You sound like a cool gray hair (what I call 60+ people)
Hang in there If you want some encouragement to keep up the good work that
is what I am looking for and what I share with others. Stay healthy.
Best Answer

Just block them. I know its annoying as it drive me nuts

I'm the Queen of Blocking people

queenofblocking.jpg

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Right behind you your ladyship!  Off with their memberships 😅😅

Best Answer

@WendyB 

Great badge! 🤣 

Best Answer

@Patrick 

I’m sorry to say this but I’m glad to see that guys are also prey. I was just wondering about that this morning. I have ignored, removed and blocked so many guys! My profile even says I’m not interested in anything other than fitness friends. Even told a couple guys I’m married but that didn’t seem to discourage them. Reported one guy, his membership was canceled, I guess (?) but he was back the next week!

Best Answer

Yes thanks for making it for me @LisaDIN 😀

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@LisaDIN 

In my case I generally don't even take the time to block anymore. I'll answer the first message, usually it is a "Hello" or something innocuous like that. I answer because after all, she is new and it could be innocent enough.

But once the pestering starts, such as sending me photos or asking for a phone number I just stop answering. They usually disappear from my friends list in a few days by themselves.

Best Answer
That works. I have done that before. or when they ask you to invite them to
another site. Drop it like it's hot.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB 

I was considering making one for me, too... but without the crown! After all.... you're the *bowing* Queen!

HAHA!

Best Answer

@LisaDIN  Go for it. We all deserve one. I'm sure you block as many as I do.

Community Council Member

Best Answer