Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbiter since 2017 - Now waking up with Crazy Soreness in my legs

Hi Everyone! I've been driven by my FitBit to get as many steps and stairs as possible since 2017.  I'm on another 295 day streak of 10,000 with a few highs approaching 15,000 almost every week. It helps that I work in an 11 storey building with long hallways for when the weather is bad. I'm 64 so maybe this is just my body shouting expletives to me. For the last six months, I've been waking up with lower extremity soreness which stays with me for most of the workday. I've always been active including riding my bike to work almost every day for 30 years. I've been lucky to live about 4-5 miles from my workplace so I add at least 10 miles a day on my bike. My G.P. thinks it's nothing, but this is such a different kind of sore than any I've experienced in my first 63.5 years.  I'm not on any medication other than Fish Oil and 1mg of Clonazepam.  I've started taking a little CBD to see if it might help. which I also take at night because I'm a chronic lousy sleeper. 

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd be very grateful!   Thanks for reading my whiney rant!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I’m not a medical professional or a physical therapist, but have you tried some yoga stretching in the morning? Maybe ask your GP for a referral to a PT? 

You are doing amazing!!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

it could be from over use. you legs are tired and the only way they can tell you is to hurt. I know it will mess up your average, but take a day off and give them a well deserved break. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your routine and the medication you take @SGHinDC.

I would recommend contacting your physician, maybe running some tests. When my legs were numb, I did contact my physician (like 5 actually) and found out what it was. 

Thanks for your advise @Heather-S, yoga does help and @emili, maybe @SGHinDC needs a little break.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes