Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Gyms "show what you use"

This pandemic has really stopped workouts all over the country at gyms. Many closed down near me. About 4 years ago I decided I wanted to get away from the grind of 

1. getting ready for the gym.

2. Walk, Jog or drive to the Gym

3. Deal with the machines often already in use. 

4. Walk, Jog or drive back home. 

So I found this home gym call "Pro spot" It's really unique and not that new but it got my attention. I use this about 3-5 times a week as part of my routine. 

PROSPOT Home GymPROSPOT Home Gym

So this work out is the following:

Bench Press 8 sets (I won't go in to the details to save time.)

Farmer Walks with 45LB dumb bells  / 8 sets

2 minute jump rope / 8 sets

Shoulders

8-12 sets dumbells

Triceps

6 sets (dumb bells and pull downs)

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, @projoseph62! I have a bunch of random equipment I've acquired over time, including a heavy bag, medicine ball, stability ball, and lots of other gear, but to be honest, most of the time I just enjoy using free weights and doing body weight exercising.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

ka7t71fimuq41.jpg

My setup is nothing special, but a friend has the cool homemade Fred Flinstone rig.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Love the fred flinstone vibe! For me, I prefer the gym. I no longer do cardio at the gym, but I do like to use the machines and weights. During quarantine, I was really good with keeping up with cardio, but weight lifting suffered. Not that I couldn't do it, I totally could, to me it just isn't the same. As much as I wrinkle my nose and have inner dialogue about some of the people at the gym, I still prefer to be there - I am a strange duck.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I use my treadmill. It was so hard to find one. I was afraid of getting wrong with the choosing stuff so I found this website https://homegymreview.co.uk/best-home-treadmill-reviews/ and they made the searching so much easier cause they got a key list of what we must be looking at in the first place when we are buying one. Best home treadmill reviews that I could find. What I liked the most is that they got a list of the most popular treadmills.Anyway people, enjoy your cardio while it’s not illegal. xD

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums @projoseph62 @Engl, thank you for sharing this information about what you've been doing during the pandemic to workout at home.

I've been trying to create a workout routine at home that is similar to what I was doing at the gym and these topics are really helpful to gather ideas. 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mostly I walk or jog outside, but when I can't do that, I have an elliptical and a climber. I must say I love the climber and use it more than the elliptical. I do not miss going to the gym. 

Best Answer

The climber is a great exercise @betpchem! That's what I always used when I wanted to get the most out of my time doing cardio at the gym. 

Now that I've at home, I concentrate on reaching my daily step goal instead. 😎 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not really a home gym (more like a garden gym) but a recent addition:

wall.jpg

Good practice while the climbing gyms were closed in the UK (recently, they reopened).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow that's a great addition @t.parker! It's a great workout. 😎 

Best Answer
0 Votes