Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irregular Heart Notifications setup greyed out - one working solution

ANSWERED

Just for information - there are a number of questions on this topic where the problem is that (in a supported region) it is impossible to complete setup of the irregular heart notification setup because the Next button is greyed out.  There is a section which should be above this screen which requires you to verify your age, and in this scenario it doesn't show up so you can't continue.  Other people have suggested that by scrolling hard up and down and/or scrolling in different parts of the screen - you could make the option appear.  This never worked for me.

However I just noticed what my problem was.  I use reading glasses for small print, and as I don't like wearing them to look at my phone, I had turned the text size up in the general settings for my iPhone.  Setting them back to the default made the age verification section and enabled me to complete setup.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hallelujah guys and gals, finally they have updated the app and the afib is able to be setup.  I have been checking the play store everyday for fitbit app updates and they just released the app update an hour ago and I am now able to setup the afib feature 🙂 Good health everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s still not working for me with the newest version of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still not working either.  Don't see any update 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all,

According to a recent Moderator post, Fitbit app version 4.08 should be rolled out to all users by the end of this week (19 Jan 2024).

Like others, I'm still on app version 4.06 and waiting for the app update to be available for me to install.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
Thank you, appreciate the update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't think it would work, but changing the font size to very small and voila! There was (seemingly) a whole other page with fields to verify age/aFib status. Thank you for the tip!

Best Answer

FYI, received 4.08 update tonight and installed it. Setup now works fine just like before 👍.

Hooray...

Best Answer

Hooray the update has fixed it. What a faff! 

Thanks for the  communications people! 

Best Answer

THANK YOU~ I have my font size up on my phone too!  When I turned it down, there it was: A TOTALLY different screen allowing me to verify age and AFib.  

Super appreciative. 

JTeach

Best Answer

I had a problem where irregular heartbeat function was not reporting.  After restoring the app, restoring the Charge 5, restoring the iPhone.  It still didn't update the IH info.  So I turned off the feature only to run into the problem of the greyed out 'next' field when I attempted to turn it on again.  Yes, changing the iPhone default font size to small fixed the problem and I was able to turn on IH reporting.  Never would I ever have come up with the idea that the font size was a problem. Thanks for this info!  Pretty big bug if you ask me!  Hey Fitbit...are you listening?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update came through and my irregular rhythm notifications working now. Finally. Pleased.

(Android, Canada).

Best Answer

Mine was the same with the grayed out box. I deleted the app and re-downloaded and signed in. Still same. What the issue for me is was that my text size on my phone was set too large and it was making the afib diagnosis question was not showing. Once I changed don't size to smaller, that box appeared and I answered. Voila! I could finally move past that screen! 

Best Answer
That worked for me too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and only was able to fix it due to your post! I also decreased the size of my font on my Android, went back to the Fitbit app  and was then able to see the full details when trying to set the Irregular Rhythm Notifications up. Thanks!!!!

Best Answer

my next is grayed out so any idea how to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your answer. I also had to change the text size so the other box would show up on the screen. You're a genius!

Best Answer
👍
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This solution worked for me as well. 

Best Answer

Thank you! If I'm here, did I get through? lol

I had Recent brain surgery and am still recovering and want to use my Fitbit to the max to keep better record of my health issues 🙌

Best Answer

Thank you, it worked!

(This msg might be somewhere else. I just started navigating, so I apologize if I boo-boo'd 🤗

Best Answer