Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal?

Hi all,

My RHR spiked suddenly at the start of the month, I initially thought it may have been an indication of pregnancy but got my period (early) not long after.. I’ve always had a relatively steady RHR in the early to

mis 60s but it now seems to want to fluctuate in the 70s and I don’t know what’s caused the sudden spike then drop.. any suggestions? 

Trying to figure out how to add pics lol

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

3B2AF8F7-1A1C-4B91-B3EA-84E1956796BE.png

Last three months

3FD23E48-95C8-419D-960E-727882FB1970.png

Over this year

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Answer

hey there @DebbieDoo8 it looks like something in October was making your heart work a little harder at rest. Did you have a cold? Allergies? Drastic change in temperature, diet, sleep, anxiety? Everything and anything can trigger a spike, but overall you have a pretty normal RHR and November it seems to be coming down. If you don't feel poorly or out of breath, it was probably an anomaly. If of course you are concerned, a call to your Doctor is probably a good idea. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Anything going on in your life good/bad? When I'm stressed my heart rate changes considerably - as stress and the weather affects my sleeping pattern.

Best Answer

@DebbieDoo8 

In addition to the other questions about changes in your life, stress, sleep and so forth, you may want to take a look at your food. When I eat any processed food (even a takeout salad) my RHR is higher than normal. If I have something like a burger and fries the elevated RHR can last several days. Just something else to consider.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

normal really

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums @DebbieDoo8!  

I had a similar experience with my heart rate data a few months ago, but it was due to stress level at the time. 

There are many reasons why you may see a spike in hear rate, as other users have mentioned previously. If you do see several spikes in your data and you're still unsure of what it could be, make sure to check with a doctor as well. 

Keep us posted. 😁 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes