Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Daily Readiness Score Here!

Now that the Daily Readiness Score is rolling out to Premium users, I thought it'd be fun to share what our score is every day and how we feel about it.

My score for today is 24.  The app says my HRV dropped and that a low HRV means by body isn't recovered.  I had a good night of sleep last night and I didn't do much activity outside of my 10K steps.  I'm curious to see how this progresses.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

I got my first Readiness score this morning. It was 96. Recent Sleep was rated High and HRV was Average. It was recommended that I get at least 18 Active Zone Minutes. I plan to go for a run this afternoon, so I expect to get a little more than that. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

My second Daily Readiness Score: 92.

Yesterday I did 16K steps, but I slept pretty poorly last night, so the high readiness score came as a surprise given that I feel "worse" this morning with a 92 than I did yesterday with a 24.  

It is recommending I get 45 AZM today, so I might try to get to the gym and get a good workout in and see how I feel.  I definitely need to do some yoga poses today after my 70lb dog was laying on top of me and pressed against me last night.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I got my first Daily Readiness score this morning, 87 with a recommendation of 215 Zone minutes for the day. It's 1600 here now and I have 228 Zone minutes so I'm happy. I did notice that when I first checked the score on rising it was 24 with the advice to get more sleep, 20 minutes later it displayed 87. This change seems to have occurred as a result of my overnight sleep score registering, I suggest we should be aware of this and bear it in mind when considering our score. I'm pleased the readiness score fits in with my present exercise habit and will watch changes with interest.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

@Gr4ndp4 I definitely think the DRS is affected by the Sleep Score!  The heart rate variability (HRV) during sleep plays a part of the DRS, along with sleep time and the sleep score.  I'm curious how AZM plays into the DRS as well.  It's obviously one of the components (activity).

I woke up this morning with a DRS of 53 and recommendations for another 45 AZM today.  I wonder why I had a 92 DRS yesterday with the same recommendation of 45 AZM.  I ended up doing 163 AZM yesterday due to an intense elliptical workout at the gym and an hour walk in the park with my dog last night.  But why would scores of 53 and 92 recommend the same AZM?  Possibly my poor sleep the other night?

It's all very interesting!

For the three days I've had DRS, it has been 24, 92, and 53.  So I'm not sure why mine is all over the place.  I really want to see how it fine tunes itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Heather-S , I have a Readiness score of 76 this morning, my sleep score is slightly lower than Saturday night so I think that is at the root of the reduction. If this is the case it is interesting to see how sensitive the structure is. I think we'll have a much better understanding of the numbers once the "Fine Tuning" is behind us. For my part, I will continue with my regular exercise habits.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

My score was 84 today. I went for a run after work. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day for me. I'm curious to see whether my Readiness Score agrees with that. Whether or not it does, I'll still be resting tomorrow. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

DRS of 44 today.  I slept horribly last night!  My dog woke me up to potty at midnight and I was awake until 2am and then had pretty terrible, restless sleep until 5:15am.  It says I should aim for around 45 AZM again today... I'm going to take it easy and maybe catch a nap on my lunch break if I can.  

Best Answer

My first one was 75 and today it's 97! 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Best Answer

My score is 32 today. I had an intense run yesterday and I didn't sleep well because of work-related stress. I'm not sure which of those contributed to my low score. Maybe they both did. It's recommending 11 to 22 zone minutes today. I'm not sure whether I'll do that. I may just take an easy walk after work, if the weather is okay. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

77 today!  I got a decent night of sleep.  The app is recommended 56 AZM for today, which is the highest it has ever asked me to do.  I plan on going to the gym this morning, so that should be do-able.  

Best Answer

My score is 85 today. Yesterday was a rest day, which I think I probably needed. It's too cold and windy for me to run outdoors. I have a Spin bike at home, so I'll ride that for my cardio today. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

Mine seems to be stabilising between 75 & 78, AZM remains just over 200. Most of my AZM comes from 90 minutes swimming, I occasionally top up with an afternoon walk.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

For 3 consecutive days, it's been 93, 100 and 100. I'm not sure what to think of it. Today, despite 100, I'm taking a rest day with maybe some low-aerobic in the evening (yesterday, I ran a half-marathon + little bit, it's surprising to see a score of 100 this morning). I'm definitely not 100 ready today.

Best Answer

50 today.  I'm not really sure why my scores are low overall (though the app says 50 is a "good" score).  I had pretty good sleep last night.  I did 135 AZM yesterday and my activity was only "Average" which seems seriously weird, 135 AZM should be a high activity level I would assume, not "average".

It told me to aim for 44-60 AZM today, but I'm already at 101 for the day with an hour of power yoga and 35 minutes of weight lifting.  I'll end up with more once I get some walking in.

Best Answer

My score is 81 today. I had a good night's sleep and I'm feeling energetic. I'll do intervals on my Spin bike after work. 

I mostly feel like the scores I'm getting make sense. They're keeping me honest anyway and convincing me to push, even on days when I'm not really into it mentally. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

I have 81 this morning, 71 yesterday, the range has widened slightly. On Thursday I did 264 AZM (other days it's close to 200) and readiness the next day was down to 70, still "Excellent" though. Today being Saturday, I only swim for an hour instead of my regular 90 minutes so it'll be interesting to see how that affects the readiness score on Sunday.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK

Best Answer

The more I analyse this feature, the more I consider it purely motivational rather than delivering any useful data. In fact, @alexthecat seems to confirm that theory. The score doesn't seem to align with anything I do during the day or with my post-workout recovery. It tells me to go all out while my usual easy pace brings my heart into the threshold and above (may be a sign of illness or overtraining).

Activity level:

The activity level is based on AZM which is already a simplified assumption as AZMx2 doesn't take into account the difference between endurance, threshold or anaerobic zones. In fact, it shows very often totally wrong picture of the overall level of activity. If I did 30min of endurance training (below threshold) it will reward me with AZMx2 with 60AZM (I assume perfect HR). If I do a 5min warmup in low-aerobic (AZMx1), then 10x(1'@A1,A2,A3(AZMx2)+1'Z1,Z2(AZMx1)), and then low-aerobic cool-down for 5min (total of 30min) then it will reward me with 40AZM. For Readiness, interval training will render a lower level of activity than endurance/tempo run, yet it's the interval training that will require longer recovery in the real-world (muscle breakdown). Also, in my individual case, HR zones are totally wrong and there is no way to fix it (I have a very high anaerobic threshold that shifts all my zones quite high up so I need custom HR zones (all of them custom) in order to correct it, with playing with max HR I could approximate it better but that's just workaround).

HRV

This is a primary component of Readiness and it makes sense however, if captured overnight, the average without standard deviation is rather meaningless (and no way to verify that data). Anything "average" should be treated with a grain of salt. Moreover, unlike ie. the FirstBeat or EliteHRV solutions, Fitbit doesn't track HRV during workouts which brings an important component when it comes to estimating the level of fatigue and overall performance. This would give a lot more useful information about activity level than AZM.

Sleep

For me, this is usually missed and I wish it would be taken out of the equation. I believe, it bumps up my Readiness by giving me a high sleep score and I can tell that I slept badly.

Based on that, I don't know what is the use of Readiness other than motivating people to move. It doesn't tell me anything groundbreaking and (for me) it's based on several incorrect assumptions. If it says my daily readiness is 83, then I'm ready for what exactly? Fitbit has cut corners trying to make daily readiness simple yet I don't really understand what it is for.

Best Answer

I've been using a combination of heart rate, performance, and perceived exertion to plan my exercise schedule for almost 20 years. My Daily Readiness Scores seem to align fairly well with what I was already doing. I don't know that it's giving me a lot of new information, but the info that it is giving me seems accurate. I'm interested to see what happens after the 2-week "tuning" phase. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

I got a very low one today.  28.  Previously, they were high.  77 Saturday, 53 Friday, 63 Thursday,  74 Wednesday, 93 Tuesday, 88 Monday.  I didn't sleep well last nightl.

Best Answer