Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Daily Readiness Score Here!

Now that the Daily Readiness Score is rolling out to Premium users, I thought it'd be fun to share what our score is every day and how we feel about it.

My score for today is 24.  The app says my HRV dropped and that a low HRV means by body isn't recovered.  I had a good night of sleep last night and I didn't do much activity outside of my 10K steps.  I'm curious to see how this progresses.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

I don't have Premium yet but wanted to ask if you (and anyone else!) thought it was a worthwhile and helpful addition?

Best Answer

Yesterday I found time for a long run, even though my Recovery Score was a little low. This morning I had my first Low score in ages. That matches how I feel, so today is a rest day. 

Screenshot_20220706-124906_Fitbit.jpg

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have had various fitbit devices since 2015 but readiness score came with my latest update to Charge 5 in May 2022. They gave me 6 months premium foc so I was excited to try it. After a few months I have to admit I am rather dissatisfied and won’t keep premium after my trial, mainly because I don’t want to see this score every day reminding me how inactive I am (according to fitbit). I get an excellent score every day (mostly above 80) despite doing as much excercise as I can possibly fit in my day. I think my score went up after taking a few cycling trips over the weekend when I earned 200-350 AZM in a day. Now I am expected to do at least 120-130 AZM daily, and if I do not I am reminded that my activity level is very low and I should tackle an intense workout. To be fair, even if I go over that number my activity level shows as low, sometimes goes into lower range of moderate. Trying to follow the recommendations for daily AZM, I ended up doing intense cardio every day until I was so tired I could not move my legs (strength, pilates or yoga workouts would not be suitable as my HR was not high enough to earn zone minutes). However, my DRS stayed consistently above 80, dropping to mid-70s on some days when I did over 200 AZM again. Intense workout recommendations from fitbit were not intense enough, unless I did 3-4 workouts in a row, 30-45 minutes each, which was very difficult to fit into my working day. Although I walk to and from work and don’t lead a sedentary lifestyle, it was impossible for me to gain many AZM during activities such as walking. At this point I decided to completely disregard the DRS and keep my activity at my normal level, resting when I feel like it, as it was before my last upgrade. Surprisingly, when I stopped following DRS recommendations my HRV improved immensely and I was told whatever my routine was I should keep it up. Thank you so much my wise fitness tracker for pointing out the obvious. 

I gather the most important thing is to know yourself and your limits, and not rely on silly scores.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having exactly the same problem even though my cardio fitness is rated as excellent.  I am primarily an endurance cyclist but went for a moderately strenuous hike a couple of days ago, and now the Fitbit is telling me not to do anything strenuous.  I would normally do a 40 mile bike ride today.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Connie40023 DRS isn't designed for athletes. I believe your hike provided huge amount of AZM (it's enough that for a couple of hours of hiking you elevated your HR to fat burn/lower cardio zones) although the actual effort wasn't that much. As you said, you were endurance cyclist which means you are able to keep steady level of effort below your threshold for long time. Fitbit isn't able to figure that out. By using AZM to make DRS, the levels of effort are lost (cardio + peak zones are compressed together). If you normally would do your bike ride then do it. Don't detrain because of a random number 🙂 you know your body and ability better. DRS is rather useless (and often misleading) for fit and athletic people.

Best Answer

@t.parker  Thank you!  I feel much better.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't rate the score, mines always low, even on a 1 I can excersie at a high level and have zero issues. Body still recovers and I can still push. I don't think it accounts for alternating type of activity. I allow 48hrs between strength training session but train in an mma type excersice on my off days. Wish it understood active recovery 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes