Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Daily Readiness Score Here!

Now that the Daily Readiness Score is rolling out to Premium users, I thought it'd be fun to share what our score is every day and how we feel about it.

My score for today is 24.  The app says my HRV dropped and that a low HRV means by body isn't recovered.  I had a good night of sleep last night and I didn't do much activity outside of my 10K steps.  I'm curious to see how this progresses.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Well, my DRS today doesn't make sense.  I have a 100 DRS.  I didn't do any activity the last two days so that's probably why since I took a few rest days, however, last night I was out late for my husband's work holiday party.  I had three glasses of wine, slept horribly, and was up early this morning (a little earlier than usual).  I feel like complete garbage.  There is no way I could do any sort of activity beyond 10K steps of easy walking.  My sleep score last night was 75, which is bad for me when it's usually in the 80s.  

But my DRS wanted me to get over 62 AZM today.  I've only done 29 and that's just from some walking.  Definitely not listening to the DRS because I feel horribly exhausted.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@t.parker Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy week.  I do not always use the DRS as a guide.  I can usually tell within an hour of waking up (or after one cup of coffee) what my body feels like it is capable of.  However, my DRS is not usually in the excellent range, and usually just "good" or "low".  My general rule of thumb, regardless of DRS, is to run at least a 5K every other day.  Sometimes I run two or three days in a row, sometimes I take two or three days off.  It honestly depends on my work schedule and how I feel in the mornings.  

Like this morning it gave me a score of 100, but due to a late night out with a few glasses of wine and poor sleep, I feel absolutely exhausted.  I don't care if the DRS says I'm at a 100, I feel like rubbish.  So I'm not doing anything more than getting my 10K steps in today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine resolved.  It was the sleep schedule that was actually throwing me off.  I actually came in to read about the stress management score, read something about the schedule, made the adjustment and voila bot showed up correctly.  So today I have a readiness score of 82 and I'm raring to go.  

Best Answer

I too am confused by the Daily Readiness score -- my recommendations seem inverse? For instance I can DRS of 99 "go hard today!" and the app recommends "get 4 or more Active Zone Minutes". However when DRS is 30 for example, it then tells me to aim for "18-100 AZM". Doesn't that seem backwards? I haven't scored anything below 30, so I can't tell what it would recommend when I'm in the very low zone, but I don't understand the AZM recommendation at all. 

Best Answer

For some reason DRS stopped last night.  It tracked my 15K steps yesterday, the zone minutes, HR and the sleep but when I woke up I got no Readiness score.  For the record, it also just stopped right as I completed the 14 days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @t.parker for pointing me to this thread. 

I was very excited when this feature came out but how the data has been calculated has been nothing but confusing. Since the start I have rarely agreed with what the DRS showed and was not representative of how I was actually feeling. And the way they take averages to calculate the score just makes no sense at all.

Take recent sleep for example, on average, I have been sleeping very poorly due to intense work schedules averaging at 4.5 to 5 hours a day. My sleep goal is set to just under 7 hours, I haven't been reaching it for a few weeks now and yet I am consistently getting very high sleep scores (near perfect). Today I registered a sleep time of 3hrs 43 and still scored a score of Moderate to High (around 70% of the bar full). Surely just because something is consistent (i.e. consistently bad) doesn't make it good. Similar can be said for activity level but in reverse I am scoring very high on my activity intensity level, my AZM has been consistently bad it registered a total of 1AZM 7 days ago and the page actually said I am overworked because I tracked 0 AZM minutes yesterday.

Hoping this will improve after Christmas as my work schedule becomes more manageable and will see the values be more insightful but a little frustrated that the DRS cannot apply some basic logic and common sense when interpreting the data for this feature and is just calculating the values with no understanding of their meaning.

Best Answer

Honestly, this is so annoying!  My readiness score today is 10, based on Fitbit reporting I haven't been sleeping well. This is nonsense! I am getting at least 7 hours a night consistently and my sleep score is averaging 79. What the hell is going on with this. So far I'm unimpressed with the Sense, it's been adding sleep time when I'm awake and I'm not confident in the step count either.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was obviously sleeping while I was walking around outside doing yardwork.  I tell them about it, they ask for photos and then they ask for them again. I finally gave up with sending tickets about the issue.  My AW is more accurate as far as that goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, a brief update, initially I was unsure of how useful DRS was going to be to me but I'm becoming more enamoured with it. Last week in conjunction with a feeling of being run down and the suspicion I was overdoing things my score declined steadily from 93 to 39 over 9 days. During this time I had maintained my 3000 metres a day swimming and 200+ AZM while diet & sleep remained unaltered. My guiding target is in fact my weight, after many months of steadily losing weight, I realised I was trapped in a bit of a doom loop (losing good, gaining bad). I've bought the trousers and now need to maintain my weight. This was proving harder than expected and the DRS pointed to the cause, at the back of my mind was the need to ensure weight loss had an explanation. I've cut my swimming by 30% (now covering 2000 metres in an hour) and for good measure relaxed my eating programme. three days later I have got a DRS of 100!! I certainly feel better and am sleeping more. I hope the DRS will guide me to a better balance and steady weight.

This is how the DRS looks now -

Screenshot_20211211-083018_Fitbit.jpg

On reducing the swimming my weight increased (due to the reduction in exercise time I think) but on the second day, there was a slight reduction again. I don't weigh in on a Saturday so I'll swim 3000 meters tomorrow (Sunday) and see how my weight compares with last Thursday. 

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

With my 2 hours of sleep last night you can imagine what my DRS was this morning.  Yep 89  lol  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last week, I took a week off from exercise.  Just kind of needed a break and a reset.  During that week, I was getting consistent high DRS scores.  I had a few days in a row of 100s and then 99, 97.  I started running again on Thursday, so you can see my score start to ebb-and-flow again now that I'm back to my usual running routine.  I'm surprised today's readiness is only 71, yet recommending 115 AZM.  I slept fantastic, woke up feeling well-rested and great, and plan to run on the treadmill after making this post.  

4207E0F4-834D-4C48-9FFB-3CD30AE607F8.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a 67 on readiness today.  Which is good since I have yardwork after the strong winds (just 3 miles away from the tornado) to clean up. I'm in so many stepbet, waybetter and Healthy Wage workout/walking challenges I probably can't take a rest day til the year 2030.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I have DRS 100 on Saturday & Sunday, 98 this morning. I resumed swimming 3000 metres on Sunday and thankfully my weight has increased 2.5lbs since my low on Friday. The trend is now slightly upwards, it'll take a week or so to see if I can stabilize.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My DRS was 29 (low) when I first woke up this morning. I fell asleep for another half hour and, when I woke up again, it was 32 (medium). I won't have time to exercise today because I'm too busy with work. I'm planning to go for a run tomorrow though. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hola yo soy una mujer que me gusta el hacer deporte ,desde pequeña hasta ahora , soy nueva en esto ,desde que se inicio el fitbit ,me lo compre y la verdad ,es muy util ,en lo que tengo mas dudas en el apartado de la alimentación y de la respiración ,¿puedes ayudarme por favor? 

encantada y un saludo

Best Answer
0 Votes

Monday - 100

Tuesday - 88

Wednesday - 84

Today - 82

Idk why it's going down....

Best Answer

I don't understand this score.  It's giving me a 1 today.  My sleep score was 91 last night.  My workouts have been super light but it's telling me I "went above and beyond with activity."  Does this score and the metrics it uses change as I become more fit?  Because if I sit on my butt as many times as it tells me to, I won't get any workouts done at all.

Best Answer

I would definitely pay attention to that score. That is regardless of how you feel. I failed to pay attention kept working out four straight days been told to rest and had sports injury last week which is now setting me back. So regardless of what we understand or don't understand please pay attention to the score on the readiness.  Please do not make the same mistake that I made.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner -- I got a DRS of 1 today, too.  That made me smile.  A lot of active minutes yesterday is the probably reason though I would have thought that 'recent sleep, high' would have helped get me ready for today.  For some reason I don't get a score everyday even though I have sleep records, activity, and HRV records everyday.  I wonder if I have to open and look for the DRS for it to record on a given day?

IMG_0901.jpegIMG_0900.jpeg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baltoscott to get DRS 1 (whatever meaning 1 has for DRS) you would probably have to get those AZM running marathon with good intensity and end up collapsing on the finish line 😁 Using AZM for DRS is such a bad idea (I explained why in one of my previous posts). You can get same number of AZM by so different ways and intensities which affect your body differently that using it for readiness is just adding to a guessing game. I stopped checking my DRS recently when it was saying I was ready (as usual, I have never seen anything else but "Excellent...") even with sleepless nights due to covid (I guess no AZM contributed to my high DRS despite having almost no sleep). Better to listen to own body than pseudo-scientific number 🙂

Best Answer