• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

You walk five miles in one degree weather with a windchill of -15!  I was out this A M at 7 wearing socks, walking shoes, long underwear pants, flannel-lined dungarees, long underwear shirt, turtleneck, thermal pullover, Land's End coat with the hood up , knitted hat and scarf and my snow-shoveling gloves.  Two drivers stopped to offer me a ride and ask if I was OK.  I was only uncomfortable in the three inches between the hem of my coat and my knees so, tomorrow when it is supposed to be even colder with windchills in the -20 range, I'll wear two pairs of long underwear pants!  It was a wonderful morning.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

When you leave your tracker charging but you still do the Quick View wrist movement to check the time on it (knowing it is charging). Smiley LOL Happens to me every time. Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@bobolink47 wrote:

....  Two drivers stopped to offer me a ride and ask if I was OK.  ....

LOL.  Yep, THAT's when you know you're a fitbit addict! 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@bobolink47 Happened to me once to. Not as cold as you. but it was 21 and its cold for CA. A guy asked me if I wanted a ride somewhere. I just laughed and said I do this daily. No I dont need a ride.

He said are you kidding me? Its cold!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
When you're expecting a snowstorm/blizzard and everyone else is buying milk, bread, snow shovels, etc....and I'm buying a backup fitbit in case something happens to mine and I'm stuck at home and can't get to the store!
Best Answer

This just might be my favorite post on this epic thread, julieeliz!  Love it!

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer

Thanks! The temp here right now is -4 with windchills in the -25 to-30 range so I'm waiting til things "improve" after noon- temps as high as 9!

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer

When got stuck in a new game.. got over 100+ to play out.. and decide which one is the next one to play out (need to focus on one at a time in spare time..), while posting this.. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
...when you sign up for, train and finish a 50 mile trail ultramarathon.
Best Answer

@ViciousV wrote:
...when you sign up for, train and finish a 50 mile trail ultramarathon.

Whoa!  Congrats @ViciousV!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

You know you are addicted: 

When the temperature is 20 but it feels like 7 and you are going out for a walk. Your co-workers look at you like you have just stepped out of another dimension. They watch as you put on your ski mask to keep the face warm and protected. They also keep asking if you are going out to walk in disbelief. 

Oh yeah, I am addicted. 

Best Answer

Thank You!

Best Answer

I am a complete FitBit addict.  

I got my Charge as a Christmas gift  and it took me about a week to set up everything to work perfectly. (stride length, battery life, alarms....)

Only issue is that the FitBit app is not available in Mauritius App Store...so i cant sync my iPhone to my Charge

But I love my new gadget.  I've been using it for almost a month now and i have managed to lose 2.5 kg! Logging food with myfitnesspal.

You know you're an addict when (in addition to all the above):

1. you are happy to go back upstairs to fetch something you've forgotten instead of sending your child...

2. you walk around the house to get more steps in while waiting for little one to get readyfor bedtime

3. look forward to shopping malls just so that you can get more steps in rather than actually shopping Smiley Very Happy

Thank you FitBit

Anubha

Best Answer

I work in fast food! They put me on order taking a lot because I'm very friendly. Makes me sad because I can't sit still. I often paced back and forth the store to get the steps in between orders! 

Best Answer

I work in fast food! They put me on order taking a lot because I'm very friendly. Makes me sad because I can't sit still. I often paced back and forth the store to get the steps in between orders! 

@V1CK1 wrote:
  • You pace the house to get to a particular figure before going to bed
  • You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

I already know what giving up feels like, I want to see what happens if I don't. - Some tumblr post 

Best Answer

heres me after 4 months with the charge hr

12508893_10153811182786215_2343456824810672649_n.jpg

Best Answer

Thumbs up for being so friendly @MellyAmos! I also have to remain sitting for a large part of the day, I take any chance I can to make those extra steps and reach my daily goal. Smiley Happy

Congratulations for your results @Sscheid21, you are making such a great progress, keep going!  Smiley Very Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

It's great to see that you are doing great with your buddy @Sscheid21. Congrats, keep on stepping. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Awesome! @Sscheid21 Congratulations, keep it up! Thanks for sharing your story and the picture. Smiley Wink

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Well done @Sscheid21. Keep up the good work.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer