• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

You know you're a FitBit addict when:  You walk around the house looking for your FitBit, and wonder how many steps you're not getting counted for because you're not wearing your FitBit.

Best Answer

Hi my name is Mary and I am a Fitbit Addict...... and proud! Woman Happy

*You're addicted when you are walking to and fro while waiting for a bus on the bus stop

* walking extra steps before going to bed, just to get to your goal

* walking around waiting for the watter to boil when you want some tea ))

Best Answer

Last night, we were getting ready to go to bed, and I was walking down the hall, through the living room, into the family room, through the dining room, and back down the hall. After about the 3rd time through, my wife asked what in world I was doing. "I only had 9,837 steps, so I need some more to make my 10,000 before I go to bed," I said. I just got a strange look....

Best Answer
Don't feel strange I walked around the living room for 300 steps to meet my
goal. Good thing everyone was asleep.
MendedHeart
Best Answer

300 is not that strange ))

I once had a very tight day at work, so when I came home was late, but only about 8000 steps on my FitBit. So I was walking around my living room for more than 2'000. That was fun, when my 4y.o. kid started walking with me, so we were walking on and on Cat Surprised

Best Answer
You are so kind. So I am not deranged?
MendedHeart
Best Answer

Well--just t let you know that you are not alone trying to reach your goal for 10,000 steps in a day---I do the same thing!!! However, I now have learned that when it is very close to bedtime--I had to stop  the walking back and forth because---get this---It keeps me up at night and the next day I am exhausted!! Seriously, I am sooo wound up after taking sooooo many steps before bed---that I am not able to relax and get to sleep for the night!! Has this ever happened to you? I now make sure I get all my steps that I want to get, in before (Way Before) I go to sleep---But I soooo understand where you are coming from!!!   The Country Girl--Elizabeth from Tennessee:)

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Now i see why it is suggested to not exercise within 2 hours of sleep. I guess that means we need to plan our walks.

Best Answer

Last night, for the first time, I got just over 19,000 steps! It was a great feeling, even though my goal is only 10,000 steps a day.

Best Answer
Best Answer

- Running on the spot at 11:55pm in my room 

- Giving "the nod" to anyone in public wearing a Fitbit

- Doing everything with one hand to make sure my other hand is still moving

Best Answer

I can relate to many of the things I've read recently, I guess the most common for me is taking the long road when you know there one a lot shorter. Walking in my room is also something I do a lot, it's great to walk around the room while listening to your favorite music ♪ ♫ ♪.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
I'll have to remember. "The nod"
F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
And I thought it was my good looks and muscular 66 yr old body. lol
I guess I better reevaluate!
Best Answer

Another sign that you might be addicted to your Fitbit is that you look forward to climbing a mountain just to see how many floors the Fitbit registers it as. I climbed a small mountain near by recently and the answer was 64 floors lol.

Best Answer

I love that @sabitabi88!  I wish I had gotten my FitBit before my visit to Moab last fall - I would have climbed a lot of floors!  Ha!

Best Answer

Must be addicted.....today, I was getting ready to go for an afternoon walk when I got a notice the the tracker battery was low. So, I have to postpone the walk for and hour and 1/2 until the battery fully charged...

Best Answer