• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

I have this "thing" that I like to time myself every time I do stuff. Like going to the store or going to certain places; I always use a chronometer to know how much time it took me to do it. So now you know how much I love my Surge since Fitbit implemented the timer and stopwatch features for the tracker on the last firmware update. Smiley LOL 

We gotta run, time is important!   🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻  🏃🏻

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

You know you're a FitBit Addict when....your coffee cup is empty but you can't go to the kitchen to refill it because your tracker is on the charger....  Smiley Sad

Best Answer
No one keeps me from my Kronug,
Not even challenges from fitbit communities! lol
Best Answer
I've had my Fit Bit for a whopping 2.5 days and I'm definitely addicted. So far.. I find myself constantly checking my phone to make sure I'm still in 1st place in my first weekly challenge lol. The struggle is real.
Best Answer
Punchxcore
Welcome to the dark side of fitness in Alabama.
MendedHeart
Best Answer
You are absolutely right! I'll change alcohol to step in any day 🙂
Best Answer
Even though I can't walk much, if the wrist thingy is charging I find myself counting the steps I'm taking and I try not to move at all when it is charging - like it will really make a difference. I see the doctor Friday about my foot so until then I have my foot so wrapped up it looks like a had major surgery on it - not just a blister on a bunion - but after both fake hips getting infected then having 4 more hip surgeries - there is no way I am taking a chance!! Since I am in denial about my age and physical condition (still think I'm 21 and bullet-proof), I'm afraid the doctor is going to make me get ugly orthopedic shoes that cost a fortune! I don't want to spend a lot of money on ugly shoes.........I am 21, I am 21, I am 21, I am 21, I am 21, I am 21, I am 21, I am 21, I am 21............ I'll work on the being disabled part later!!

mary
Best Answer
Are you addicted to your Fitbit if when brushing your teeth you count 100 Steps for each section until all 4 sections of my teeth have been brushed and I have 400 more Steps?
Best Answer

@Marydu I love your motivation! An example to take! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Mary
You are 21 and still on the Green side of the planet! I would take ugly
shoes any day. Keep strong and keep Stepping!!
MendedHeart
Best Answer

went to the localish Tesco earlier, like always, I walk up and down all of the isles a few times before we leave, I think the security guard there is starting to think I am nuts

Best Answer

I can relate to that @SunsetRunner, I also walk up and down all of the isles a few times, just in case I forgot something or mere curiosity, plus I get a few more steps. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

You know you are a FitBit Addict when.....you develop FitBit Tan Lines on your arm from taking long walks on sunny days...   Guess I'll have to start switching arms every other day.

IMAG1351.jpg

Best Answer
We all know pushing a shopping cart will "cheat" you on steps - besides my various ailments - went into a store, the door was difficult to get it moving and I managed to whack my bad knee with my cane! That takes some talent! Then I went to the grocery store and even though I now had a knee that hurt, I was determined to steer-sp? the cart with only my left hand. I need every "legal" step I can get - no fair making box brownies and getting 500 steps my mixing while sitting on a stool - even I think that's cheating -- but it showed up the last time I made brownies - in the future, I will take of wrist thingy before mixing!! Ok, I'm "charged" - haven't walked in a while, my foot is bandaged beyond belief, so I am going for a walk!!

Then I'll get into housework...................

mary
Best Answer
Not too sure if this happened on the Fitbit emails, but my computer sent "stuff" to everyone on my contact list - then it all "bounced back" saying undeliverable with some sort of attachment. I DID NOT SEND ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY WITH AN ATTACHMENT. I see there are 2 messages from Fitbit with a reference about "unable to post" - THAT WAS NOT ME EITHER. Once I typed a word - starts with a "d" and ends with an "n" and Fitbit edited it - fine with me. As some of you might know, Frontier has taken over Verizon landline & internet. I have Frontier/Verizon internet - some people have had lots of problems - I went days and days with nothing from anyone re Fitbit - then suddenly I got a bunch.

So if you got or get something strange, supposedly from me, IT IS NOT ME, ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS AN ATTACHMENT - I do not know enough to attach anything other than Word or WordPerfect documents. Don't know how I got my picture on Fitbit (trust me, that was luck) and same with pictures on Facebook - pure luck.

mary
Best Answer

I park the grocery cart at the top of the Aisle. Then I walk down and back up the aisle even if I don't need anything in that Aisle Smiley Very Happy 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
You-know-you-re-a-Fitbit-addict-when...
- you stop measuring distances in miles/kilometres, choosing to instead measure in steps.
- you know the exact number of footsteps to all your local landmarks, supermarket, pub, post-box, church, and how much you can vary these distances by making different detours en-route.
Best Answer
Dompirate,
That's a good one and so true!
MendedHeart
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very true.

"Why are we here? Because we're here." - Neil Peart
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate not being able to get to 10K steps every day. I kind of feel like I let myself down even though life can sometimes interfere (work, kids, etc.).

I want to see my Blaze go green!

"Why are we here? Because we're here." - Neil Peart
Best Answer