• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

How you know your Addicted…...I am a Fitbit Addict...... and proud!

when you find a good hill, you walk up it, down it and back up it again to get a good stair count.
when you have to use an escalator you walk up it so you get the stair count for that too and get annoyed when people are standing there in your way and can't get past.
you walk around whilst talking to people and have them wonder if you're busting for the toilet.
the first thing you check when going out is if you have your fitbit - before phone or purse.
You pace the house to get to a particular step count before going to bed
You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Best Answer

@slowmotiondg  Yeah, it would appear you are a a teensy bit addicted. Join the club!

And you know you're addicted when you look around in stores, malls, businesses, etc for someone with the familiar wristband or they are tapping their wrist.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

You suddenly realize that you're not wearing your fitbit and you don't want to waste any steps trying to find it.

Best Answer

OK - You know you are a fit bit addict when you want to purchase a second unit  to use when your primary unit is charging!!!  With a second unit you would NEVER miss a step!!!

Best Answer

Iam 68 the fitbit gets me going more and love arobics.

Best Answer

i get excited when I meet a fellow fitbit person !!

Best Answer

I jog while waiting for the microwave lol.

Best Answer

hi vicki in melbourne from pokie in geelong

Best Answer

When you walk from your office desk to the kitchen to return cuttlery you've used, taking your spoon, mug and bowl in separate individual trips!

Best Answer

you know your addicted when you become the poster child for Inefficacy. What you used to do in one trip know takes several.

Best Answer

When you wear it to a party and show it off to everyone or just go on a random mrun just to get extra steps. Ha i have to use it for school and I totally lead everyone in steps but at least couple hundred thousand. #STRIVEFORGREATNESS

Best Answer

When my attorneys aren't looking I step at the scanner - the girls laugh at me.  My one boss knows what I am doing - he works out and I showed the phone to him LOL

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Robot Happy Second day using the fitbit.  I do find myself doing a lot of what's posted here.  Don't have an addictive personality but here's an addiction I will actively work to form!!!  Don't know how to make friends on the forum yet, but would love any advise or words of wisdom.  My issues is not losing weight but keeping it off.  I've come to realize that I HAVE to make la ifesyle change if I want to reach my fitness goal.  Hoping the fitbit will help me...

Best Answer

@all4fitness  Welcome to the forums. Being addicted here is something to be proud of and to share with others.

Best advice is: one day at a time, one hour at a time and you're stronger than you realize. Keeping it off is a matter of staying on top of things. Keep moving, log your food and drink more water. Little steps, not big ones. Give yourself some credit for wanting to make the right changes and finding FitBit!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
You've been ignoring your "achey" foot for weeks and finally go to the doctor to hear you have a training injury. The first question you ask after he tells you to stay off your foot for six weeks is "how will I get my steps?"
Best Answer

That is the truth - I have bought padded socks, white medical tape for the toe blisters, ankle braces, knee braces, compression pants - I have had a few injuries but keep on going - rested for about a good month when I had a groin injury.  But yes, I worry about - my steps - worrying right now - have 2,000 more to go !  LOL  

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

You keep wearing it even after you've developed a skin sensitivity to it. 

Best Answer

For this i am guilty!!!

So now i ware my Fit bit One on my Medic Alert Neck Chain.

Best Answer

When you are power walking and get stopped by a traffic light - I just keep stepping in place - I see some people look at me like - what the heck is with this girl - I just laugh.  

@V1CK1 wrote:
  • You pace the house to get to a particular figure before going to bed
  • You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Today I had a goal. I had my intent on a new badge.

I was 884 steps from the Big 25,000 steps in one day so I took another little stroll with the dog..and I made it! #focus #goal.

I received my 25,000 step badge today!!

MissesFishes
Best Answer