• You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

Hi Barbara,

Wondering how you are doing with you steps and Fitbit - I'm impressed that you have lost weight doing it so will work harder to work off the weight I need to.

I'm new to Fitbit but have seen the results of how well my hubby has done with the Charge HR I gave him 10 months ago so turned my trusty pedometer in for  Fitbit and am already addicted less than two days into it 😄

This morning  I started a group the Good Old 60's-70's if you are interested. Hoping to encourage each other and share tips etc..

Best Answer

What fitbit do you have? I just started, my daughter and her husband gave me a simple one to motivate me and I really am motivated, I have three days making the 10,000 steps, but wish to learn to eat healthy and need badly to lose weight. Please let me know. Thanks and blessings!

Best Answer

Hi Gasparin,

I have a Charge HR, bought a Charge 2 a couple of weeks ago but it wouldn't charge took it back and bought another one it too wouldn't charge. Was going to give up but then saw a Charge HR  at a good price on-line so ordered, received it Tuesday afternoon and have been moving ever since. I am not over weight by much but certainly need to getting moving as I am on the verge of osteoporosis and have arthritis in my neck that is quiet painful at times - also am on blood pressure medication so need to get into shape.

My husband has had a cholesterol problem for years and over the last few his blood sugar has to be watched so I have learned about both and what to do about them in relationship to food.

If I can help you in any way let me know . Just take small steps to begin with and get up and move whenever you can... I started an activity group this morning  mainly to support and encourage each other. Come and join us if you feel it would help you 

This is the group  Good Old 60's - 70's you can get to it here

https://www.fitbit.com/group/233RSN

Good luck in your quest

Best Answer

Yay! so totally me! woohoo!

Best Answer
I am  formsure an addicf and lo inv it... lol

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer

I am so happy  with my Fitbit that I only regret not having it before. Love it!!!

Best Answer
you continue wearing fitbit even though you havent charged it and you dont
notice its needing chargoing because youre so used to having it on your
wrist. lol
Best Answer

You suddenly leap out of your seat mumbling "168 more steps" and then stumble round and round the dining room table until your wrist buzzes to let you know that you can sit down again.

(I am good at walking round the house)... mostly.

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer

@Donna_K@ Donna_K wrote:

@V1CK1  You walk out of the fabric store and you eye Costco at the far end of the street which appears to be downhill and wonder if there is enough of an incline on the way back to count as a flight of stairs, so you walk to Costco for steps and on your return, you check your tracker and realize that it counted not one, but THREE floors.  So at the next stop, you eye yet another parking lot and do the same thing.  I racked up a total of 5 floors yesterday between going to Costco and later going to the pharmacy!  I will DEFINITELY do that again!!

I do that and will continue to do it.  I walk to a hill in my neighborhood and I will continue to do so...  Completely addicted...

Frederick..helping others have more...
Best Answer

I do all of these things

@V1CK1 wrote:
  • You pace the house to get to a particular figure before going to bed
  • You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Best Answer
I had to live without my Alta from February 15th to either March 25 or 26. The first replacement was as broken as what I had, then I finally got the second replacement - it works! Meantime, eating right, following doctor's orders (what a concept!), I actually feel stronger - even though the docs have saddled me with the osteo-old-lady crappola. For a while I decided cleaning out the garage was too much of a trip hazard so I switched to cleaning out the shed. We had a storm and a tall skinny tree in my back yard broke a couple a branches, so naturally, I dragged out the ladder and a chain saw. Never used a chain saw before, but figured just how hard could it be? The trick is holding on to the ladder with one hand and using the chain saw one handed. Then found out that chain saws don't stop completely when you let go of the "go button" - glad I figured that part out pretty fast. I've been cleaning rusty tools. I now have 11 clean, sharp hand saws hanging from the peg board thingy, I also have 7 shorter hand saws, 3 chain saws, buckets of nails and screws to separate. Why a woman of my apparent advanced age needs so many saws is the question. I thought maybe I could sell them, but was told no one uses hand saws these days - everything is power. My dream is someday the garage will be completely cleaned up and in front of my washer and dryer will be a tacky rug thing announcing that this is the laundry area. The garage was my husband's place and I don't think he threw away anything in 30 years. I keep finding ATM receipts (print has faded, can't read it), receipts for everything he ever purchased in 30 years. But cleaning out the garage and shed keeps me moving and that's what counts - moving. Get to see the dentist this morning, but I honestly think I'm strong enough to go for a deliberate walk - just need to watch my wonky right knee. I had cataract surgery on my right eye - now there is less chance of tripping on something since I can see the floor - ground! It is amazing, I thought it would be like getting stronger contact lenses - this is way better. I can see stuff that I didn't realize I was supposed to be able to see - that most people can see!! That's enough for now. I'm back!!
Best Answer

haha yes

Best Answer

Here are a couple of things I do as a fitbit addict:

I watch TV shows while pacing back and forth across the living room, especially in bad weather.

Sometimes I pace around the living room while watching webinars.

When we are in the car and my husband returns to house for something he forgot, I pace around the parked car.

Best Answer

When you start petting it  :).

Best Answer

When you pace around the room while brushing your teeth.

When you go to lunch with a co-worker and feel bad you didn't walk instead.

When you go to visit the in-laws and all you can think is, "I could be walking right now!"

Best Answer

When you stop being lazy and instead of shouting to a family member from upstairs, you actually walk downstairs to tell you business and then go back upstairs. So many extra steps in a day 😄 

Best Answer

When you hit your goals for the day, go to bed, wake up to pee and get really irritated if its before midnight because you want the steps to count towards tomorrow's goal..........lol.......not that I'd ever do that

Best Answer

I'm sure someone else already posted this... but yesterday (Sunday), I went to the mall, needed to buy some supplies for my house. The place was empty, no lies, people here is celebrating summer so they are not on the city.

There were tons of empty parking lots near the entrance of the mall, but my addiction started to hit. I kept driving to the end of the parking lot; to the very last space, the one that was far away from the entrance just because I needed to walk more. So I walked and got a few more steps. Smiley Very Happy

Have you done something similar to this? Smiley LOL

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
All the time.

Sent from my iPhone by Bonita Majonis
Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer

When you're out and you realise you have left it at home on charge, so you go all the way back home to get it so you don't miss any more step than you have too.  

The only one you need to impress is yourself.
Best Answer