• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620
Yep! I too minimize my movement without my FitBit! I'm not yet walking as much as you all inspire me to. Thanks .
Women lead by encouraging. This group is ENCOURAGINGING!
Note the "courage" as the root. We root for one another.
Best Answer

Courage is right, @DarleneJA  When people look at you funny when you're stepping in place in the check out line so you get in those extra steps or when you're walking in the rain to your car because you parked it way far away from the store.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
I am considering buying a second Fitbit just in case....addicted. I think so!!
Best Answer

I've had my FitBit for 24 hours and I can already tell I'm going to be addicted! I used to have a Nike Fuel Band but it broke after three months. My flex seems much stronger and less likely to break. I just hope it's accurate! But it definitely helps with motivation.

Best Answer
Yes I have a back-up. Also sometime you don't want it on my wrist. Have a clip also
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

You leave for work and your drive to work is over 40 minutes long through heavy traffic and half way through you realize you don't have your Fitbit and you seriously think about going back to get it.  

I'm a mail carrier and I use to deliver a parcel to a house via the shortest distance I could and now I take the longest way to the house..

Also, I want to say I'm a Fitbit addict to learning everything I can about the Dashboard and the Logging of info-sleep, food, activities, etc.  I absolutely love the Dashboard and how the tiles have information about calories in vs. calories out and if you click on it--you can learn more info. about how fitbit calculates your food intake.  I LOVE IT!!!  

I am over 180 pounds and this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life.  I am having the hardest time losing any weight for over 8 months.  Just a few pounds.  But now with FiHearttbit and MyFitnessPal I am on my way to a new-old me.  I think it is finally working because I check daily and I know where I stand on my food and steps... I just absoultly love my Fitbit!!!...Heart

Best Answer
Thinking about turning around in traffic is serious - I always keep if on my wrist (24/7) except for charging, and then I only charge it when I will be sitting for an extended period of time! r/ Doc
J. A. Anderson, Sr. PhD. USAF (Ret)
Best Answer
Love that you are enjoying your Fitbit - I tried diets, etc. and Fitbit was what I needed in my life - couldn't budge my weight - but now I can
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
This was for Happy Cindy
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Hello, this is CieCie

Update to my Orginal You Know You're a Fitbit Addict when...

This morning, I forgot to weigh myself, stripped down and remembered something on the other side of the room.... DangIt!!!! no Fitbit, lost steps...Can't get them back!!! Upset 50 STEPS...Have a Great HolidayWoman Mad

Best Answer

I have 2 littles and I chase them around the house or step/jog in place as long as they will let me!

Best Answer

Addicted when you walk past the shop in your own village to the shop in the next village for milk (3.5 mile round trip). 

Please tell me this is normal? Please! 

Best Answer

I purposely walk up and down hills/steps etc!!haha addicted to my Flex!!

Best Answer

how about this one?  I HAVE to take the elevator up and down 6 flights at work (no stairs) so i walk in the elevator..lol  round and around i go...dont care if people are in there with me either.  also walk up and down the only escalator they have instead of taking elevator.  its only one floor but its better than riding it!  i still get more steps that way...

Best Answer

@binibecca  You are perfectly normal. It's the rest of the world who are not normal! You keep on walking and make the step count higher.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I walk on the escalators instead of just standing still!!

Best Answer

Just be careful on escalator because by walking up escalator, it artificially inflates your flights of stair count.

Best Answer