Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 23: Perfect your push-up

We’ll be posting a new challenge every day leading up to summer! Follow along here, on the blog, or using this calendar.

30 Days to Summer Fit

There’s only one week left until summer after today! And with Father’s Day right around the corner, today’s challenge is all about nailing what is ultimately the manliest exercise out there: perfect your push-up.

To help you out, we asked celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak to break down the perfect push-up in 4 easy-to-follow steps. It’s all about form!

Day 23: Perfect your push-up

1. Start with your arms straight, then flex your glutes and keep your core engaged.
  2. Slowly lower yourself down until your elbows are at 90 degrees. If you can go lower than 90 degrees, do it!
  3. Keep your elbows tight and your core engaged throughout.
  4. Pause briefly at 90 degrees (or lower) and then push back up in one strong motion to your starting point.

Do as many reps as you can until while keeping your form intact. As you improve, try adding one push-up to your set and build up slowly.

How many could you do? Let us know in the comments, or using #30DaysToSummerFit!

This was originally posted on the Fitbit blog.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I have been doing push ups for years.  Now my right pisiform is very painful and I cannot use my hands in the extended push up position.  Do you have any recommendations??? On elbows maybe???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pushup are fun and I need to do a lot more of them.

Best Answer

Avoid the stress on your wrists. Use some dumbells that are square and that will force you wrists to remain straight. Cotrol you descent and avoid going too far down as it will stress your shoulders. 

Best Answer