Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know I am behind the times on this, but I just found out today that they are discontinuing the Fitbit one and I am not a happy camper. I have (in a mildly obsessive way) made sure that silly little tracker was alive and on my person for over three years. The same one, it has never died on me! I keep seeing the forums saying to get the Zip or a Flex 2. I have a Flex 2. I really don't like it. I only bought it because I wanted something waterproof so I can swim, kayak, go to water parks  and other such adventures in the summer and still track my steps, but it is not as accurate and I don't like that it doesn't display steps so you can't check it when you are running or without your phone. I would never replace the battery in the Fitbit zip (my mother and sister in law both threw theirs out when they died). The one is perfect. It is accurate and small. I can be put in a pocket or put into a bra or clipped to undergarments (because you don't want to miss all those dancing steps at your friends wedding in your pocketless, strapless bridesmaid dress and Fitbits don't usually make the dress code).

I am so disappointed in Fitbit and when my One dies if there is not an appropriate alternative (read "nice sleek one-like device") I will probably just delete Fitbit. Please don't try to convince me that I want a Fitbit zip. I do not want it. And I really dislike things on my arms. Make a real alternative or we are breaking up, Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Format

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Totally agree!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I absolutely agree.  I would never consider wearing a tracker on my wrist.  I started with a Zip and whilst it was a good introduction to tracking steps the One was light years ahead.

I have been without a tracker for several weeks now and sadly there is little out there that compares but I am just about to make the break and buy a pedometer instead.

I have been devoted to Fitbit since April 2015 and have recommended them to many people during that time. It's a shame they don't feel the need to show the same regard for their customers.

I won't delete my account just yet but if they don't reissue the One or bring out an equivalent soon there won't be much point in my keeping it.

Best Answer

I have had my one for years, and it's getting a bit temperamental.  Which other fitbits support the floors counting function?  I wish the One was still available too.

Best Answer

Yup - I don't know what the alternatives are, but I will look - including at 3rd party refurbishers/sellers before I get one I can't clip to a pants pocket.

It is strange how so many companies are so willing to kick a significant number of their users to the curb. In all likelihood, I'd be a customer for life if they continued the One. Very sad.

Best Answer
Yep! Same here! My One is having problems with syncing. If I can’t get it to work, I’ll have to change brands. They have lots to wear on the wrist. You’d think they would want to offer at least one clip-on for those of us who don’t/won’t wear it on the wrist!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - we created this post to discuss the One Availability. As mentioned there, unfortunately, there are no plans to bring the One back and we do not have any information on future products. Feel free to check the discussion there, I'll be closing this thread as a duplicate. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes