Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Delete Floors Climbed?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to delete the number of floors recorded. I drive a vehicle and it's bouncy and it sometimes counts going up inclines as stairs. I was looking for a way to delete the stairs that were incorrect. For instance, I recorded 18 floors today but in reality it was only 10.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

If you log driving as an activity for the time the floors are appearing it will wipe out the steps and floors for that period of time.

Best Answer

@Flyer415 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with One tracking steps while driving.

Just as @SunsetRunner indicated, you can manually log an activity as "Driving" for the time period in which you were driving and that should help you out. Please check this post to get the steps on how to do this.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Actually, I have a similar problem but that solution doesn't work for me.

I was doing an activity when the fitbit wrongly logged that I did a few floors. I'd like to be able to delete the floors without erasing the activity I did at the same time.

Best Answer

How can I tell exactly when the stairs are being counted? I drive at various points in the day and not all of the time will stairs be counted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteelRose Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with your One tracking unwanted floors. Thanks for sharing your suggestion about being able to delete floors climbed without erasing the activity.

I was making some research at the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this idea which is asking for the same:

Please vote and commend this idea. The more votes, the better.

@Flyer415 Thanks for your reply and for posting your inquiry.

Please check this helpful article to learn how your Fitbit device tracks floors climbed.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Twice while walking this weekend in high winds (on an almost level path), my fitbit logged about 20 extra flights of stairs each walk.  I don't want to negate all the steps that were acquired during these activities, but there should be a way to correct for a fitbit malfunction.

Best Answer

There is no solution to this.

Best Answer